Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danbartley
Level 7

Good heavens, what is happeing to performance

So after the first 9.0 update 4094, performance was noticeably degraded on both my Roku Ultras, but still good enough to use regularly. Now after the recent 4114 build it is horrible. I can barely scroll through the main menus, apps are constantly "hanging" for several seconds as I move through them. I restart and no change. I've noticed over the last several updates a steady decline in performance. What is happening? 

Plus both my home theater systems are now having issues with CEC related to the Roku Ultras since 4094. They keep taking over everything and no way to turn it off in the system settings on the Roku. I have had to disable CEC in my AVRs to prevent it. Which means anytime I want to watch something requiring ARC I have go and turn it back on manually and then fight with the Rokus wanting to take over the input signal.

I have been a Roku fan for years, but I'm starting to feel like something is being lost in the product. Perhaps all the focus is on integrated TVs now? Venting off Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Good heavens, what is happeing to performance

"danbartley" wrote:
So after the first 9.0 update 4094, performance was noticeably degraded on both my Roku Ultras, but still good enough to use regularly. Now after the recent 4114 build it is horrible. I can barely scroll through the main menus, apps are constantly "hanging" for several seconds as I move through them. I restart and no change. I've noticed over the last several updates a steady decline in performance. What is happening? 

Plus both my home theater systems are now having issues with CEC related to the Roku Ultras since 4094. They keep taking over everything and no way to turn it off in the system settings on the Roku. I have had to disable CEC in my AVRs to prevent it. Which means anytime I want to watch something requiring ARC I have go and turn it back on manually and then fight with the Rokus wanting to take over the input signal.

I have been a Roku fan for years, but I'm starting to feel like something is being lost in the product. Perhaps all the focus is on integrated TVs now? Venting off Smiley Happy

Have you not received build 4142? My devices received it recently, so perhaps you'll be getting it soon.

I cannot say whether it would make any difference, as I've not experienced any of the issues you describe with my Roku Ultra, but you may wish to be on the lookout, just in case it does resolve any of the issues for you.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
danbartley
Level 7

Thanks, I'll watch for it. I do a manual check every few days to speed up the updates.
0 Kudos
danbartley
Level 7

Got 4142 and still very jerky scrolling through any menus on home or apps. On both my Ultras.
0 Kudos