Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2z
Level 8

Goes back to HOME screen after 1 minute streaming

I've read the hundreds of other posts about this "going back to home" glitch. Roku Streaming Stick 3600. Latest update. On Hulu, YouTube, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, etc.  Video streams for 1 minute then goes back to HOME screen as if button was pressed.

Things tried that did NOT fix:

- Uninstalled apps. Rebooted. Reinstalled.

- Factory Reset

- Local network checked. Reboots. Reconnect.

- Roku cache cleared (secret remote key presses).

- Devices unregistered/re-registered from streaming service provider website.

- Brand new remote paired and used.

- Batteries removed from remote after playback started to eliminate remote mic or home button glitch.

10 Replies
brittris
Level 8

Re: Goes back to HOME screen after 1 minute streaming

I’m having this exact same issue with Hulu and Amazon Prime and have tried all of the above solutions as well with no success. Some of my other channels work just fine but it’s getting really frustrating that these channels keep kicking me back to the home screen after a brief time and no solution has resolved. Any other suggestions? They work just fine on my other television with my PlayStation but it’s getting frustrating with the Roku

Jikkelstikkel
Level 8

My Roku Streaming Stick does exactly the same. Although mine will stream for EXACTLY 3 minutes and then goes back to home screen!! This makes it unusable like this. A few months back it used to do this every 30 minutes! Although this sucked, at least I could go in again and resume the movie. Now, to bomb out at only 3 minutes means I cannot watch anything!

I am convinced it is the Roku firmware updates that are doing this as it never did it previously, and also the change from 30 minutes to 3 minutes was likely after I did the update as per the onscreen menu. 

How come Roku has not responded to this since so many people are having this problem!!

brittris
Level 8

I’ve had to reach out to them myself and several weeks later they are STILL working to resolve it. I have subscriptions I’m paying for that I use on roku that I’m just flushing money on right now because I can’t use them

0 Kudos
brittris
Level 8

Update: STILL having this issue. Come on Roku support, you need to do better at communicating with your costumers!!

jennyface
Level 7

I'm having the same issue that just started as of last week. I can't even get a minute of the Openfit app to open without it going back to the home screen. I've also done every imaginable troubleshoot to no avail. Very annoying when spending almost $100 for a workout app I have to now use with my laptop on a table. What was the point of the Roku to begin with if I can't stream!!! 

0 Kudos
brittris
Level 8

I’ve done everything they’ve told me to as far as troubleshooting at least 4 times and nothing has helped. Now I can’t get them to respond to my emails when I ask for a status update since they were going to have their IS team look into it. Absolute joke of a customer service department in my opinion. At this point I’m so angry that I don’t even want to bother trying anymore and would rather try a different service with someone else

0 Kudos
Woody2020
Level 7

This is the exact problem that I am having with my streaming stick. I installed the latest update on 08/07 and made sure that the stick was plugged into the adapter and wall outlet instead of the USB port and the up time decreased from 5 minutes to 1 minute.

Do I buy another streaming stick or a FireStick?

0 Kudos
Jikkelstikkel
Level 8

There is another Thread about this at:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Roku-Keeps-Returning-to-Home-Screen/...

A guy called "RokuDanny-R". It says he is a 'Roku Employee' and 'Roku Forum Moderator', and said to provide details from the device with its Tracker ID.
A few of us have done this but have heard no more responses from RokuDanny-R.

Nada. Zilch. Zero. Roku doesn't care.

0 Kudos
brittris
Level 8

They are STILL telling me to do the same troubleshooting that I keep telling them isn’t fixing the issue. Every time I call them out on this or on their lack of communication, they respond back by telling me to do the SAME things they did before that once again, don’t work. I’m honestly about ready to be done with them and switch to another service this is absolutely ridiculous. They honestly seem like they don’t care at all.

0 Kudos