Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eh
Level 7

Glitchy rewind

My Roku will randomly rewind in the middle of a show. Not even using the phone app will stop it. I have to log out and back in. I can hear the clicking noise on home page as if the remote is trying to continue to move. Super annoying so any help is appreciated!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Glitchy rewind

What channel is this occurring with? Does it happen with any other channel?

If's it's just the one channel, the first step is to remove the channel, reboot the Roku, then install it again. Don't forget the reboot, or it's not really removed. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Eh
Level 7

It’s happening on all channels. Smiley Sad
I can even hear it clicking on the home page as though it’s trying to rewind. I’ve done a system reset a few times and it hasn’t helped.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

OK, it sounds defective. You didn't list the Roku model you are using (model number, not the name), so I can't say if it might still be under warranty. Might just be the remote, but hard to say without knowing the Roku model.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Eh
Level 7

Sorry my last post didn’t go through! I was worried that was the case. I think I have the 2nd edition streaming stick. No voice control button. It’s a few years old.
0 Kudos