Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Glitch with HBOMax app

I successfully loaded HBOMax yesterday after discovering how on my own.  I reported that in separate topic.  Now I am getting a glitch that I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing.  When I open the Max app, it goes to the site.  However, within a couple of seconds, it closes on its own and goes back to Roku Home as if I never opened the app.  After opening the app again, it does finally work although sometimes taking multiple attempts.  Thought of removing the app and reinstalling, but reluctant to do that just yet.  Thoughts??

60 Replies
Level 7

Re: Glitch with HBOMax app

Same here, or at least it started that way...Now, it does it on ANY app!!! Virus in HBO MAX app?

Level 7

I have the same problem--it won't navigate within HBO Max, and after awhile, bounces me back to home.  Hard reset accomplished nothing.

R

Level 8

Having the same issue here on my ultra.  Very frustrating to finally get access to the app and have it be very buggy and slow when it does finally work

Level 7

I am able to open an episode, it will play the recap, but when it comes time to play the episode it buffers....don't know what to do!

0 Kudos

I have the same issue with my 3500x.  All other streaming apps work just fine.  I have done 2 system resets and a factory reset but still an issue.  help.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Same problem. I hope they fix it soon.

0 Kudos
Level 8

It looks like the  Dec 17 update has a code defect.

I have:

Roku 2710x box

OS 9.4

HBO MAX shows up on the home screen When opening it, it goes to the HBO MAX siter, but always goes back to the Roku Home screen.

Roku 1 (2710 series)

D.

Level 9

I hope Roku is listening! I have the same problem though it did work for about a day... but froze up if I tried to navigate too fast! Ergh! 
Its now doing the revert to home screen thing that many in the community are reporting. 

0 Kudos

Same here!

0 Kudos