Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngresham
Reel Rookie

Re: Getting kicked out of apps

ROKU has decided that my device is DEFECTIVE and told me to send it back for replacement.  HOWEVER, they expect ME to pay for the postage to send it back even though they say it's defective.  I have protested that several times to them AND NOW THEY WON'T EVEN HAVE THE COURTESY TO SEND A POSTAGE PAID LABEL!!!  WHAT A COMPANY. 

I DO NOT THINK I'LL BUY ANOTHER ROKU PRODUCT!!!!!!!!

Rmb19
Reel Rookie

This is happening to me constantly with Disney + not impressed with Roku lately! I tried resetting and deleting also still happening. This is a brand new TV! Service keeps getting worse now they have dropped Spectrum Stream cause they wouldn’t pay them enough money. Sacrificing service for $

0 Kudos
Sarabtg36

This happens with mine too with different apps. The only solution I found is I have to restart my roku every-time I turn it on. After I restart it, it doesn’t kick me off anymore but it’s extremely annoying doing that over and over again.

Ch3rryc0la

How do you change it?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Ch3rryc0la

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shampton19
Reel Rookie

I don’t know if this is still an issue or not but I switched to a different hdmi and I haven’t had an issue since! Can’t believe it worked but it did. 

0 Kudos
Grands65

Has anyone gotten an answer on how to fix this issue? Mine started yesterday and continues to keep stopping in every app I have after about 2 minutes and goes back to Home Screen. I’ve tried everything I’ve read on here and nothing has fixed the problem. This is frustrating to say the least. I have a Roku express.

0 Kudos
Shampton19
Reel Rookie

Switch to a different HDMI I know it sounds crazy but I was having the same issue and was getting very frustrated I read to switch the HDMI and then it worked I have not had the issue since and it’s been months so give it a try and see if that works

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Grands65,

Looks like you've received some great help from the Community users here!

For starters, is your Roku Express powered by connecting on the USB port at the back of your TV? Please note that the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

In this case, we suggest using the power cord and power adapter that came from us to connect your Roku Express to a working power outlet in the wall. Using a different USB port on your TV may also resolve the issue.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you need more help.

All the best,

Kariza

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cmunoz7443

I have a Roku TV which uses a power cord not and HDMI I’ve tried EVERYTHING else with no resolution. I have Sling TV and an antenna for local channels + Roku channels which is the only thing that works well, but I didn’t pay what I did for this TV to watch local channels with an antenna! Since it’s happening to all devices and all TV brands it’s safe to say this is a Roku issue! The person before mentioning a defective device I would not go through the expense of sending it back. Chances are a replacement will do the same thing and you’ll also be out your postage fee. Back to Fire Stick for me! Shame!