Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob17
Reel Rookie

Re: Getting kicked out of apps

Maybe it is the remote.  Disconnected Roku and then took batteries out of the remote.  Restarted the Roku without putting batteries in the remote and instead used my smart phone to control the Roku.  It stopped kicking me out.

0 Kudos
RJMich

I think I found the fix for getting kicked off of running apps on roku ultra light. After months of putting up with this annoyance I decided to try other hdmi cords. I found one off of an old blue ray player that had gold colored connections on each end. Used that gold colored hdmi cord on my ultra light and now 5 days in my roku is running without any interference. I do recall something in directions about a special hdmi cord needed but disregarded it. So I hope everyone can find the proper hdmi cord and that you can all relax and enjoy roku as much as I do. I love my roku.

0 Kudos
NatBrass
Reel Rookie

I have the remote app on my phone…still kicks me out. 

changing the HDMI port won’t work for me either…it’s a tv with the Roku software built in. 

Rob17
Reel Rookie

Just checking.  When you use the phone app are the batteries out of the original Roku remote.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@NatBrass

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Is this issue happening with a specific channel or does it happen across all channels? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NatBrass
Reel Rookie

Hi @Rob17 

If I take the batteries out of the remote, I'd have to put them back in to turn the TV on then I'd be able to use the app after manually connecting the TV to wifi through the settings.

I'm assuming the app issue is caused by the connectivity issue I'm having.

0 Kudos
Cheesebutt
Reel Rookie

Same thing happening. There is no HDMI and I don’t use a remote, only the Roku App. A lot of money to spend on this thing when you can’t use airplay. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Cheesebutt

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cheesebutt
Reel Rookie

When using an app and Airplay I am constantly kicked off, at least every 2-3 minutes.
When it is actually showing on the TV it is often time very blurry. 
something wrong with Airplay and the TV, they do not work together the way they should. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Cheesebutt

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos