Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliB

Re: Getting kicked out of apps

Happening to me on a Roku smart TV this issue goes back to 2018 and there’s no fix apparently 

davesmusic2212
Binge Watcher

I have had the Roku stick, then the Roku ultra...two of them. I cant even watch one minute of anything without getting kicked off. I updated my internet to 200mbps and still getting kicked. But I found a solution.....im getting rid of my Roku. Boom

davesmusic2212
Binge Watcher

Nothing works except getting anything but Roku

0 Kudos
davesmusic2212
Binge Watcher

I tried that too....nope still getting kicked

0 Kudos
Tailspin1
Reel Rookie

I only experienced this on the new HBO Max app.  I assumed it was due to being a new app or volume issues with everyone trying out it on free trial.

0 Kudos
ngresham
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue!!!!  Only, it happens mostly on the roku express and it happens for at least an hour!  I thought it was Comcast's streaming app, but naturally it's not their fault - it never is.  That leaves me roku to answer yet there is NO WAY TO GET TO A HUMAN to find out what is going on.  This is despicable roku!!!   HOW DARE YOU NOT PROVIDE HELP for issues not in the hundreds of categories.  I guess you're waiting for us to buy new equipment.  That is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN!   Someone needs to be available for problems not addressed in your website.   I AM FED UP!  I guess Firestick will get my business next!

Bd67

I switched the HDMI input and that solved the problem for me.

0 Kudos
heannblo

This has been happening to me for months now. 2-3 minutes into a video and it goes to the home screen. I’ve tried every solution that is offered on the Support page, different website threads on the issue and nothing works.

I’ve deleted and redownloaded apps, logged out and logged back in, unplugged and plugged back in, changed inputs, turn off bandwidth saver, restarted my device, factory reset - literally nothing works.

To top it off, after I factory reset my device, now the display is messed up too. It shows the full screen when doing anything on the device and scrolls through apps and selects something to watch fine - but when it starts playing rather than the full screen it shrinks down to a rectangle in the top left corner and it’s so small I can hardly see what starts playing - before it goes to the Home Screen 2 min later.

I purchased my device from Walmart about 10 months ago and I can’t get a refund or exchange so I don’t know what else to do and I’m really upset about it as I can’t afford to be throwing devices away less than a year old.

nomad07
Roku Guru

Not me. 

0 Kudos
Curlyfries

Honestly I recommend hitting it hard that’s what I did and it pretty much did the job