Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deb10

Re: Garbled sound

Please help! I am also having garbled issue with my TCL tv that is only 2 years old.

0 Kudos
Jadziapax
Reel Rookie

I played around with the TCL roku TV sound options and it resolved.  I set sound to "normal" and volume leveling "off".  I turned volume leveling back on a few days later and its been working fine.

0 Kudos
Mikeg14

I tried everything, and cannot get rid of the garbled sound, but thanks to your post that the sound works well through the remote, I plugged in my headphones and the sound was great.  I have a pair of amplified computer speakers, plugged them in, and have great sound via plugging the amplified speakers into the remote.  I give up on trying to get proper sound through my TV.

0 Kudos
Heotis1

I own roku in many formats. The issue happens on TCL tv and will only go away if the tv is unplugged. I am noticing that decives plugged into HDMI might initiate the problem. As for my roku ultra, a reset through the system menu is the only way to get rid of it.  In this case it seems to be initiated when the headphones are used. I have not been able to find a permanent solution.  Issues started in 2019 and were not there at first use so bad software is the likely cause. I hope this helps until Roku addresses the problem.

0 Kudos
sawmill

I have a garbled sound that over rides my programs for maybe 10 seconds. I can slow down the voice and understand it but don't know how to get rid of it. It just happened one day and will not go away. 

0 Kudos
sawmill

Every thing else is good. The voice comes on when I turn the tv on and when I fast forward and change programs. I have tried unplugging the system, tv and every thing. That does not help.

0 Kudos
LiverGuy
Channel Surfer

I have the same problem and then  started reading the threads on a Google search of Roku Warble.

I tried updating since it seems to be a software issue and went right to update 9.4 Build 4176-46.  Of course since it rebooted the Roku Ultra it is fine.  I like hearing about the earplugs I am going to give that a try.  Another thing I hear was static this morning on Netflix.   I will give it a try for few days and see if it stays good.

0 Kudos
paparatzy

just to chime in to confirm that pressing the "*" button, then changing the audio setting from leveling to off fixed the garbled sound.  So the problem origination definitely belongs to Roku who doesn't seem to own up to it.  I don't know if the audio problem will come back, but if it does apparently there is a simple temporary fix until Roku finally permanently fixes the problem with an update.

0 Kudos

I just changed my audio settings to Stereo and the HDMI setting to PCM-Stereo. I fixed my issue instantly. Surprisingly customer service doesn't even suggest this fix?

0 Kudos
Ronr399
Channel Surfer

While watching an app press the asterisk and a menu should appear. Turn the sound mode off

0 Kudos