Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrstank
Channel Surfer

Re: Garbled sound

My support ticket with Roku is completely absurd.  They have basically told me now if I don't do a factory reset, they will no longer help me.  I have a lot of apps and the time involved in resetting all that up is not worth it.

Ronr399
Channel Surfer

It just hasn’t done it for a couple of weeks. 

0 Kudos
Sponge003
Reel Rookie

I just unplugged it overnight and rebooted in the morning

0 Kudos
Hoefler

We are having the same problem with an Ultra and it is frustrating-especially since it isn’t that old and some of our old ones still work fine. This is probably our 6th Roku and we have three active ones in our house. I usually get the new model when they come out and rotate them around the house. We like it better than our AppleTV. 

Thank you for some of the suggestions to try. I hope I find one that works or that Roku will see that this is a problem and offer a solution!

0 Kudos
AngryAnchovy
Streaming Star

I have also been experiencing this on numerous television sets in my home. I have 5 Roku's connected to 4 different televisions and they all seem to be demonstrating this problem after a period of time.

In the past, the only way I could fix it would be to restart my Roku which was always very aggravating and definitely drives me nuts. I think this is one of my biggest complaints with my Roku home experience.

This suggestion seemed intriguing so I tried it. It definitely resolved the issue on all of my Roku devices connected to all of my different television sets. I'm not sure if it's specifically related to the leveling audio mode but that's what all my TVs were previously set to.

I will admit, it has been nice to have the leveling audio mode enabled which helps to balance those loud moments during a movie but I am going to shut that audio mode off entirely for the next little while to see if this problem will finally go away entirely.

I would love someone at Roku to notice this post and make sure their developers know that I am 99% positive that this bubbling garbled audio issue definitely seems to be related to the audio mode and definitely seems to correct itself when switching the audio modes without having to reset the device entirely.... hopefully this information is found to be useful to someone else...

jc5
Binge Watcher

You're absolutely right. I had the problem with the garbled sound quite awhile until this solution emerged several posts ago. I haven't had to do anything in a very long time. It has been fine.

0 Kudos
Bry

Where is the audio leveling?  I just see @AngryAnchovy's post stating that changing it seemed to fix it, but I can't find the setting or a post describing what to set it to.

jc5
Binge Watcher

Push the asterisk button on your remote.  There's a menu and audio is among the choices for you. Okay. Hope this helps.

bobp122
Reel Rookie

Re: Garbled sound ROKU TV SOUND GARBLED:

GO TO: SETTINGS/AUDIO TURN TV SPEAKERS OF AND THEN ON. NOT A PERMANENT FIX. BUT EASY AND WORKS.

BobP122

0 Kudos
bobp122
Reel Rookie

GO TO: SETTINGS/AUDIO TURN TV SPEAKERS OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN. NOT A PERMANENT FIX - QUICK AND EASY.

0 Kudos