Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronr399
Channel Surfer

Garbled sound

My Roku will have garbled sound. If I reset the Roku it will fix the issue for a day or so. The garbled sound eventually comes back and I have to reset again. This trouble didn’t happen until my internet speed went from 20 mbps to 40 mbps. Any ideas?
62 REPLIES 62
Sponge003
Reel Rookie

Re: Garbled sound

I have the same issue, have not tried to reset Roku yet

0 Kudos
DarthNero

Did reset. Still same issues. Sounds like demons coming out of tv.
SteveBoett
Reel Rookie

We were having the same problem just now. My husband did a software update and that seems to have fixed the problem. What we will find out in the next couple of days is whether we have the same problem of the issue returning that Ronr399 has. 

0 Kudos
RyanPm40
Streaming Star

Same issue here. Seems to fix itself if you hit the options button on the remote and toggle between the sound settings (ex: switch to night mode and then back to whatever you had before)
Lmaris
Binge Watcher

All the fixes you guys have listed I've tried and the reset sometimes works but it always returns within a few hours.  This seems to be a growing problem, as there are now several threads of similar problems across several Roku models, and with virtually no help from customer service.  My $$ is on a glitch in recent update they're working to fix. 

SteveBoett
Reel Rookie

We haven't had any problems since we did the software update. 

0 Kudos
bubbajune
Reel Rookie

I also have been experiencing the garbled sound issue on my 2-year old Ultra, did the update at the start of December, and it happened again just last night.  The problem is temporarily resolved with a reset but comes back anywhere from a few hours to several days later, seemingly unpredictable.   The problem started around August/September. I purchased a newer Ultra (so now we have two) that's been up and running for over a week with no issues.  The older Ultra had been moved to another room and connected to an older HDTV after I purchased the new Ultra. 

HankD
Reel Rookie

I unplugged mine and waited 10 seconds and plugged it back in. Fixed it for now.

sandrad

Did you unplug everything? I unplugged the HDMI on both ends and it changed nothing.

0 Kudos