Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Garbled sound with roku streaming +

I have a roku steaming stick + that after I fixed the over heating problem now randomly i get garbled sound.  Used to be could change from hulu to something else then back and that would fix.  Now I have to reset and it could be a day to 3 days then have to reset again

I have the stick into a samsung smart TV 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Garbled sound with roku streaming +

I've only had this once, and like you I was able to cure it by restarting the Roku.  I suspect it is the clearing of the Roku's memory cache during a restart that does the trick. If so, that likely means something in the cache got corrupted and had to cleared out.

Hulu seems to be mentioned in an awful lot of reported problems lately and I'm beginning to wonder if Hulu has problems managing its cached data. In one post a while ago somebody reported that a Hulu tech had told him the proper way to exit Hulu is by the remote's Return button (right pointing arrow in upper left corner of the remote) rather than abruptly via the Home key.  I'm not sure this makes any difference, but I've been exiting Hulu via the Return key ever since.  Give it a try for a while and see if it helps.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Garbled sound with roku streaming +

thanks for the suggestion will give it a try.  You would think when you shut down the whole thing at night that will solve the problem.   This has been going off and on for about a month.   seems that i have problems about noon....Thats like A&E once in awhile changes and zooms in by its self.   Have to change channel and come back.  

0 Kudos