Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
laservet
Level 7

Garbled sound SS+

My first Streaming Stick +, purchased soon after the plus version came out, gives episodic garbled sound. Anywhere from ten minutes to an hour after I start watching TV the sound becomes extremely distorted. It returns to normal in about 5 minutes, only to return periodically during that viewing session. Hitting the reset button on the Stick solves it immediately. Putting a cooler on the stick doesn't help so it doesn't seem to be heat, but the fact that it resolves itself in 5 minutes points away from heat as a cause. Using a different HDMI input doesn't help. The SS+ does the same thing on my other TVs, my other ROKU devices don't do it on the TV in question. So I just bought a new SS+ to eliminate the problem, and voila, it does it, too! What next?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
ES17
Level 7

Re: Garbled sound SS+

I'm experiencing the exact same issue with an ss+ that I purchased during the Walmart black Friday sale. I bought 3 but have only used the one. Now I'm thinking I should return the others. I have an Ultra I bought the same time and it has not had any issues I know of so far.

0 Kudos