Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Gamma and Color Temperature options in Expert Picture Settings no longer do anything

It very much seems like the most recent update to the Roku phone app - which moved the Expert Picture Settings to a submenu under the Devices menu - has effectively disabled almost everything in Expert Picture Settings except for noise reduction.

Before this summer, I used to be able to change the gamma and color temp in order to fine tune the image on my TCL 50S525 (Model C113X), which I successfully did through the app when I first purchased the TV. However, I've since noticed that changing the gamma and color temp through the App seems to do nothing to the picture now. Going from 2.4 to 1.8 makes no difference, same with color temp from cool to warm. It looks exactly the same no matter what.

Before trying to apply new settings (to Streaming, Playstation 4, and Composite inputs) they were all defaulted to 2.2 gamma. It seems like no matter what I do in those settings, everything stays at 2.2. I tried to get into the TV's service mode as well using the up-right-down-right-up-ff-ff-ff-rew-rew-back method to see if I could adjust it in there, and that also doesn't seem to work (if it ever did on this model). It just bounces me back to the home screen.

Is there any reason this (very useful and in my case, necessary) function has been rendered pointless now?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Gamma and Color Temperature options in Expert Picture Settings no longer do anything

I think the menus may have changed.  See if you can find what you need in the settings found via Settings > Display type.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos