Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeaBass123
Level 7

Games stuttering with and without game mode

I just bought a TCL 55 inch roku 55S421 for me new Xbox series X and the first thing i noticed is my games stutter every few seconds. I system restarted the tv and checked the hdmi port. I have no idea how to fix it and if it’s a software problem or a problem with the tv. I saw a fix saying to turn game mode off and on and it doesn’t solve anything. Even without game mode it still stutters.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
J-Ro
Level 7

Re: Games stuttering with and without game mode

Just bought a TCL 43S425 to replace a 2007 TV and immediately encountered similar issues with PS5 and visual stuttering while playing Spider-Man.

0 Kudos
APE
Level 7

Did you ever find a solution for your problem? I am having the same issues with my XBOX series X. I tried switching from HDMI 1 to HDMI 3 and it seems to help on Cyberpunk. HDMI 3 is an ARC port but I don't think this should have any effect on the video output. Maybe port 1 is just faulty. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
J-Ro
Level 7

I don't know which of the following did the trick, but I actually switched away from HDMI 3/ARC and over to HDMI 1, and then also fully reset the TV. At that point, it stopped happening during Miles Morales, and it hasn't happened at all during Assassin's Creed.

0 Kudos