Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

FuboTV crashing on Roku Stick and Roku Tv

This started last night.  I was watching FuboTV and within about half an hour or so, the FuboTV app crashed.  I logged back in and tried watching it again.  During the night, it crashed three more times.  I have already contacted FuboTV and they are looking into the matter.  I tried leaving it playing on my Roku Stick, in the living room, and lo and behold...it crashed after a couple of hours.  I have FuboTV running on our Amazon Fire Stick, with NO crashing....so far.  This sounds like it could be a Roku issue.  Everything is up to date.

Here is the information for the TV and Roku Stick:

Hisense Roku TV 8212X, model number 43H4030, serial number YK00SH547563, software version 9.2.0 build 4502-90.

Roku Express Stick: Version 3900, serial number yg00GE974888, software version 9.2.0 build 4806-51

Can you please get together with FuboTV and fix this issue?  They are the only streaming service, that doesn't require me to keep hitting a button, every four hours, so I can fall asleep with it running in the background.

Thank you.

Kelly

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: FuboTV crashing on Roku Stick and Roku Tv

@YakkoWakkoDot1 Thanks for reaching out here. I have a few more questions to try and better understand the issue you are seeing. 

- When you say 'crashing' what exactly is occurring on screen? Do you see an error message, or does the channel simply close and return you to the Roku Home screen?

- Does the same issue occur on both your Roku TV and your Roku Express devices when streaming the Fubo channel? 

- In order, have you tried the following steps for that channel: 

1. Remove the channel from the Roku home screen.

2. Then, go to Settings>System>System restart and reboot your device.

3. Once your device starts up again, add the channel back once more and try streaming again. 

- Try streaming from a different channel on your Roku device. Do you see the same behavior occur? 

- What make and model of TV is your Roku Express connected to? 

With more information, we can continue assisting you from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@RokuTannerD wrote:

@YakkoWakkoDot1 Thanks for reaching out here. I have a few more questions to try and better understand the issue you are seeing. 

- When you say 'crashing' what exactly is occurring on screen? Do you see an error message, or does the channel simply close and return you to the Roku Home screen?

- Does the same issue occur on both your Roku TV and your Roku Express devices when streaming the Fubo channel? 

3. Once your device starts up again, add the channel back once more and try streaming again. 

- Try streaming from a different channel on your Roku device. Do you see the same behavior occur? 

Thanks,

Tanner

The channel closes and goes to the home screen.  Yes, it occurs on both the Roku TV and Roku Express.  Yes, I did try those steps last night, even before contacting FuboTV. I tried from YoutubeTV and when I went back to look at it, I didn’t know if the inactivity timer closed it out or not (leave it to me to not keep track of the time),   The Roku Express is connected to our LG Smart TV, with software version 05.05.70, model number 55LB6500-UM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@YakkoWakkoDot1 Thanks for the details here. Have you also tried the following steps for that channel on both devices? If not, please do so and let me know if that has any effect on the behavior you are seeing.  

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@RokuTannerD wrote:

@YakkoWakkoDot1 Thanks for the details here. Have you also tried the following steps for that channel on both devices? If not, please do so and let me know if that has any effect on the behavior you are seeing.  

Thanks,

Tanner

Yes I have.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@YakkoWakkoDot1 wrote:

@RokuTannerD wrote:

Thanks,

Tanner

To answer your other question about other channels working, I had Plutotv on all night, with no crashing/going back to home screen.  Just seems to be a Roku and FuboTV connection. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ok.  Today, Youtube crashed as well.  FuboTV still doing it.  I’m assuming it’s now on Roku’s end, because those apps work fine on Amazon Fire Stick.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Cpt_Dunsel
Level 7

Have the same issue but mine is with the local channels in Fubo.  The other channels (AMC, TBS, Hallmark, etc.) do not have the issue at all.   Happened this morning.  Went to a local channel and it did the same crash you have experienced in 1 minute of loading the channel each time but then went to AMC and has been running for a good hour with no issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Cpt_Dunsel wrote:

Have the same issue but mine is with the local channels in Fubo.  The other channels (AMC, TBS, Hallmark, etc.) do not have the issue at all.   Happened this morning.  Went to a local channel and it did the same crash you have experienced in 1 minute of loading the channel each time but then went to AMC and has been running for a good hour with no issues.

Mine happens with all channels.  It happens anywhere between 2 - 4 hours of running.  It’s also happened with the YouTube app.  Pluto TV seems to run fine on, because I leave that on during the night (I don’t sleep well).

0 Kudos