Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brownkellyelyn
Level 7

Frozen on Home Screen after rebooting

Jump to solution

Help! I was in the middle of watching a movie on my Roku Express 3900R (in the Amazon Prime app) when my Roku rebooted itself with no warning. After restarting, it is no longer responding to the remote at all. I tried resetting both—unplugging the box for 5 minutes and using the reset button in the battery compartment on the remote—with no luck at all. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Frozen on Home Screen after rebooting

Jump to solution

1) Try another Roku remote (if available) or the Roku Remote app on your phone/tablet - if you can control it then its an issue with the original remote.  

2) Try different batteries in the remote, and if its a Point Anywhere/Voice Remote try re-pairing it again: Restart your Roku, then hold the remote's pairing button until its start flashing, then hold the remote a few inches from your Roku when it gets to Home screen until it pairs (may require several attempts)

3) You can get Roku-compatible and/or pre-programmed IR-only universal remotes at Walmart/Best Buy/etc for $5-15, or official Roku remotes for $20 (Voice) and $30 (Voice Pro) respectively.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

1) Try another Roku remote (if available) or the Roku Remote app on your phone/tablet - if you can control it then its an issue with the original remote.  

2) Try different batteries in the remote, and if its a Point Anywhere/Voice Remote try re-pairing it again: Restart your Roku, then hold the remote's pairing button until its start flashing, then hold the remote a few inches from your Roku when it gets to Home screen until it pairs (may require several attempts)

3) You can get Roku-compatible and/or pre-programmed IR-only universal remotes at Walmart/Best Buy/etc for $5-15, or official Roku remotes for $20 (Voice) and $30 (Voice Pro) respectively.

brownkellyelyn
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you so much!! It must be a bad remote. The app worked perfectly!

0 Kudos