Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Frozen Video after ads

After ads play, they video freezes on the final fram of the last ad but the audio goes on to the show. This only happens with streaming shows and not on Live TV.

Roku and Hulu software are updated. Internet connection is fine. 2 other roku TVs in my home do not have this issue. This is on a Roku stick.

Thanks

11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Frozen Video after ads

I an also experiencing this on hulu, Smithsonian app, and a few others so it has to be something with the Roku software.

Highlighted
Level 8

Same here but with Roku Express.

Highlighted
Level 9

Same thing happens on Roku Express + Model 3931RW.     Problem started immediately after 9.3 software upgrade.  Any video refresh key (rewind for example) returns program video.   

Highlighted
Level 7

Same here, but with Hulu on Roku Express. The Live Now seems to be fine, but all streaming channels are affected. I’ve tried restarting the Roku, erasing and reconnecting my internet connection, and resetting my modem to no avail. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue with Hulu on Roku Express. Help!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I found a temporary solution. Once you hear the program’s dialogue/tune, click on the right arrow button next to OK and you will see the scenes and click on OK. You might be able to go back one scene but don’t go back 2 scenes or you may view the ads again. I’ve been seeing less freezing but I hope they fix it soon!! 

Highlighted
Level 8

Same issue on Roku Express since 9.3 update.  Also now jumps 20 minutes into program when you start an episode.  Lack of support from Roku is amazing.  

Highlighted
Level 9

I just chatted with HULU support regarding this issue.   According to chat support, HULU is working on a fix.  However, there is no publicly available page which describes and acknowledges the problem.  In my opinion, the best way to bring pressure upon HULU is to:

1.  Obtain specific ROKU device description.

2. Open a chat session with HULU technical support.  Describe your problem as program video not being displayed after return from VOD tv show ads.  Include device settings in description.   Some older devices are no longer supported.

3. Describe trouble shooting methods already used.  In my case that was unplug ROKU device power for 1 hour, check for ROKU updates and reset ROKU to factory defaults.

4. Ask for probable time on fix being issued.

HULU Chat support is found at:

https://help.hulu.com/s/contactsupport

Highlighted
Level 9

This has been happening for many weeks, months or possibly years.    It seems obvious that the people who control don't care.   Complaints are ignored.  So the answers are to either live with it, find some way to hurt "them" in the pocket or upgrade.    

0 Kudos