Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thannah052
Level 7

Frozen Screen on Roku Stick

Anyone solve Roku stick freezing on opening screen? Light runs dim as if not getting full power too.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Frozen Screen on Roku Stick

@Thannah052 wrote:
Anyone solve Roku stick freezing on opening screen? Light runs dim as if not getting full power too.

How are you powering the Stick? If you're using a USB port in the TV, it might not be getting enough power. If you are using the wall plug it came with it might be failing. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
lakerguy
Level 7

I had same issue.  After about 15 to 20 minutes it appeared there was an automatic reboot and then it worked.  

Is this a common issue?  

0 Kudos
judyc
Level 7

I'm having the same problem. I have:

- Unplugged/plugged from HDMI/USB port

- Plugged/unplugged from wall

- restarted router

- removed and replaced batteries

Now what?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@judyc wrote:

I'm having the same problem. I have:

- Unplugged/plugged from HDMI/USB port

- Plugged/unplugged from wall

- restarted router

- removed and replaced batteries

Now what?

Hold up. HDMI and USB are very different things. Never confuse the two or think of them as "same thing." You can get led down the wrong path with support. Briefly, HDMI is the video output, and USB on your Roku is for power (USB has many other functions on many other devices, but I'm simply talking Roku Stick for now). You indicated both, but then indicated power from the wall. I suspect changing that sentence to "Unplugged/plugged from HDMI port" would be accurate, and will proceed that way.

You said "same problem" but I'd like to be absolutely sure what your Roku symptoms are, as a similar but not same problem could have a very different solution.

Describe the problem. Walk through what happens, without using words like "same." You've described the troubleshooting steps, but a description of the problem is missing.

We can probably figure this out, just let's make sure we're solving the correct issue.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos