Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radio-boyWV
Level 8

FoxNews latest update screwed up.

Finally after 10 days, the FoxNews audio issue was repaired with an update from someone, but in the process of doing that, it is now not possible to watch 'shows' from the night before.  The menu opens up, but instead of going to your show, it suddenly starts playing the live feed.......which eventually errors out and you have to go back and start again............it's really aggravating. It had been working fine for 2 years.... and would continue to work if it wasn't for those 'pesky kids'  (Scooby-Do reference)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
StreamerUser
Level 15

Re: FoxNews latest update screwed up.

I don't really use the FoxNews app, but I did open it and test this out (and I am logged in via my TV service provider)

Upon opening the app:

1)  Starting at Home, and the live feed plays in the background upper right corner

2)  After about 10 seconds with no activity at the Home screen, the live feed goes full screen

Upon highlighting previous nights (etc) shows:

1)  Within a about 5 seconds the content plays starting with a commercial/ad, and

2) Within about 5 more seconds plays full screen

3)  If playback is stopped, it mostly resumes from the point it left off

Considering this, and considering the behavior you describe, its probably best you 1) delete the app/channel, 2) reboot your Roku (must do this step), and 3) reinstall the FoxNews app and re-authenticate with your provider

0 Kudos
Radio-boyWV
Level 8

Already did that first thing I noticed it, same thing. Thanks anyway!!!

0 Kudos
Radio-boyWV
Level 8

By the way Streamer-user..........my Firestick works fine, it's got the old format with options down the left side instead of across the top. 

0 Kudos