Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave7091

How to turn off Roku audio narrator function ... sometimes in Spanish

Jump to solution

Somebody plz tell me how to shut up this tv....narrator constantly describes everything.....the man walks to the car....the man gets in the car....the man starts the car...WTF???!!!!!....I've factory reset the tv.... reset the audio multiple times and now it's doing it n spanish!!!!......NO BUENO ROKU

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
BrenWeb

Re: How to turn off Roku audio narrator function ... sometimes in Spanish

Jump to solution

Check the "Accessibility" settings. I believe the voice descriptions (for blind folks) is turned on. I had that problem myself recently, and turning this off stopped the constant narration.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

The Accessibility feature allows me to turn off a voice that describes my every action. Yay!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
BrenWeb

Jump to solution

Check the "Accessibility" settings. I believe the voice descriptions (for blind folks) is turned on. I had that problem myself recently, and turning this off stopped the constant narration.

Jump to solution

The Accessibility feature allows me to turn off a voice that describes my every action. Yay!

0 Kudos
Blon-Dii
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do you turn if off when you don't have accessibility on your ruko??

It is no where and the narrator is driving me mad!

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Blon-Dii, press * four times on your Roku remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Blon-Dii
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've tried that and it doesn't work. It's happening while watching paramount plus. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Blon-Dii-

Wrong language or verbal description of action on screen when watching program

Some programs contain multiple audio tracks that can be selected, such as different languages or verbal action descriptions for the visually impaired.

The Roku default method of accessing your choice of audio track is to press the * key on your Roku remote while viewing the program and examining the options presented, especially in the Accessibility section (although some channels may move it elsewhere). 

But more and more channels are not using the Roku defaults but substituting their own method of access -- I'm guessing this is so they will have consistent controls with versions of their app running on platforms other than Roku.  Often these options are accessed by pressing the up and/or down cursor control keys while viewing the program to pop the channel's own control options on the screen.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Blon-Dii-

I just checked out audio tracks on Paramount+ here.   It's possible that the user interface could be different on other Roku models, I guess, but here's how it works on my Streaming Stick+, model 3810.

While viewing a program press the * key (options key) on the Roku remote.  This should pop several options up on your screen overlaying the program display. 

Click on Accessibility & captions. This should present a set of options, depending on what is available in the program you have up.

Click on Audio Track (it should show you the current track name underneath).  This should change the overlay to show a list of the available audio tracks for this program.  The track name will generally give the language of the track. 

The currently selected track will have a checkmark beside it.  The currently highlighted track will have its description shown above it.  If there are other track options available, click on them to highlight them and see their descriptions.  The ones I saw with verbal announcements of what's happening on the screen had the word "descriptive" in the wording above the track name.  To choose the highlighted audio track click the OK button on the remote.  

Note that your selection on this video (language and description choice) may carry over to other videos until you change the current selection.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Blon-Dii
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It worked! Audio track had 2 options and both were english. One of them did have "descriptive" in it.

Thank you so much!!! 

0 Kudos