Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
911jason
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra flashing black screen.

"Sevrard" wrote:
Can anyone please explain how to change the video setting to 4K HDR 30 HZ instead of 60 HZ and change the advance setting from 4.2.2 to 4.2.0? Thank you. 

Settings > Display Type will let you change to 4k HDR 30. I'm not sure about the 4:2:2 pulldown.
0 Kudos
Sevrard
Level 7

Thank you
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

"911jason" wrote:
"Sevrard" wrote:
Can anyone please explain how to change the video setting to 4K HDR 30 HZ instead of 60 HZ and change the advance setting from 4.2.2 to 4.2.0? Thank you. 

Settings > Display Type will let you change to 4k HDR 30. I'm not sure about the 4:2:2 pulldown.

4:2:x settings are under System/Advanced Settings. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Boojitede
Level 7

I recently noticed that being on the 4k hdr 30hz option will not let you watch in HDR on netflix.

Those shows show as simply 4k ultra HD.

But of you switch back to 4k hdr 60hz they are HDR.

It's annoying because the issue is intermittent when I am on 60.
0 Kudos
kjlay1
Level 7

I just went to settings from the home screen and changed the resolution fro. 1080p to 720p and the problem went away.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

"Boojitede" wrote:
I recently noticed that being on the 4k hdr 30hz option will not let you watch in HDR on netflix.

Those shows show as simply 4k ultra HD.

But of you switch back to 4k hdr 60hz they are HDR.

It's annoying because the issue is intermittent when I am on 60.

That's Netflix. They only support HDR at 60Hz. Nothing can be done from the Roku side of things. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

I have the same flickering problem when using one of those dirt cheap Amazon Basic HDMI cable to connect the Roku Ultra to a Samsung 55" 4K Ultra 3D Smart TV (model number: UN55JU7100F) . This TV uses an external "One Connect" block where all inputs to the TV are located, the One Connect block then connects these inputs to the TV via a single cable. Since I bought the Amazon HDMI cables 3 at a time, I replaced the HDMI cable by a another. This stop the flickering immediately. So maybe it is just the HDMI cable that caused the flickering to black screen? 

Also: Roku Ultra is a bandwidth hog; even when the TV is off, it is online and it turns my chrome browser to do just the very slow "basic HTML". I have now learned to unplug the Roku Ultra network and power supply lines whenever I am not using it. This seems to work. Network bandwidth is back to its fast normal self when Roku Ultra is not connected. 
0 Kudos
smithjh25
Level 7

So had the same issues. Turns out the keystone wall plate insert for HDMI wasn't compliant with 4k HDR. I also had the amazon basics HDMI cable in the wall. Once it was plugged directly into the TV worked perfectly. Give it a try.. Drove me nuts until I figured out that stupid connector was causing all the issues. Looked it up on Amazon and found others had the same issue with them.
0 Kudos
gtbdf
Level 7

1/2/2019 and this issue is still happening...
0 Kudos
dadorder
Level 7

Just purchased a ROKU Ultra.  Had the issue with screen going black every few minutes (though audio still works).  I am running this through a receiver.  When I plug the ROKU direct into the TV (a Sony), it works fine.  Would like to run it through the receiver to get it to run through my high-end speakers instead of the TV speakers.  I tried going to 720 (no luck), and doing everything other people tried.  No luck.  It is just a SONY 1080p tv.
0 Kudos