Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nathonda
Level 7

Re: Bouncing Letters, then nothing

This is the exact same problem I am facing only I’ve been using our Roku Premiere with no issues for close to 3 years, all with the same TV. The issues started with Netflix over the weekend and has since progressed to it not working at all. Have tried resetting multiple times.
syphan
Level 7

Re: TV flickering from Roku home screen to static and back

Go to settings  then advanced settings you will see an option for automatically detect refresh rate. Turn this off and this should resolve your issue. 

Roku XD 2050
Roku LT
Roku XS
Roku 3
0 Kudos
Scott_C
Level 9

Re: TV flickering from Roku home screen to static and back

I have tried changing many settings and nothing resolves this issue for me. My Roku Ultra, now with 9.2.0 build 4131-46, just keeps cycling to black, No Signal, static and back again. Unusable since this update was pushed out to the player on Nov 1.

I was a beta tester for the very first Roku player, back when there was just ONE beta channel, which was Netflix. I've owned many Roku players over the years. I purchased this particular Roku Ultra almost 2 years ago, and the software update has crippled it. The update just sits on my newest box now, and Roku won't roll it back. Both frustrating and disappointing.

0 Kudos
Ceciliaomas
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra flashing black screen.

I´m having the same issue on my Roku Express. It worked fine for the past year and so, and all of the sudden started doing this. It goes directly to the TV and I have tried different cables as well. 

It´s driving me crazy. 

kevin29303
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra flashing black screen.

I had the same problem on my Vizio 4K Smart TV and have found a solution . For some reason my backlight had to be below 60 . I don't understand it but setting it below 60 worked . Everyone who has this problem should try this . You never know .

0 Kudos