Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buttonsguy
Level 7

Re: Flashing line at bottom of screen

I have the same issue. wired direct to multiple TV's, different hdmi cales, with and without amp it is definitely the unit. Seems to be more evident on google movies services and vudu when 4k is enabled. The green lines at the bottom of the screen seem to disappear when the 1080 p video is selected, so it seems this is only a 1080 p player and not a 4k player? also running buil 4111-17 version 7.5.0. A resolution to this common problem would be awesome.

buttonsguy
0 Kudos
buttonsguy
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
"Wynn" wrote:
I get a flashing green line (sometimes white) at the bottom of my TV screen whenever I am streaming from Amazon or Google Play Movies. Flashes about every 20 seconds or so and is quite annoying.

Roku 4 (can't get the firmware version at the moment)
Pioneer VSX-45 Av receiver
Vizio m55-c2

I managed to get a little video clip of it if I can upload that somewhere. Anyone know a solution?

You can upload to Dropbox or similar website (or even YouTube).  Just post or PM a link, and we'll take a look.

In addition to the above information requested, please also include any other peripheral devices that may be connected to your setup.

C. Shawn Smith

I have the same issue. wired direct to multiple TV's, different hdmi cales, with and without amp it is definitely the unit. Seems to be more evident on google movies services and vudu when 4k is enabled. The green lines at the bottom of the screen seem to disappear when the 1080 p video is selected, so it seems this is only a 1080 p player and not a 4k player? also running build 4111-17 version 7.5.0. A resolution to this common problem would be awesome.

buttonsguy

0 Kudos
muzicman0
Level 7

Just adding my voice to this, I have the Roku 4k, and have the same issue.  I thought it was the HDMI cable I was using, very glad that it is not since I just installed it in the walls, and have already drywalled over it!  I would hate to have to tear it out!
0 Kudos
ignign0kt
Level 7

I have the same issue on my Roku 4
A green line at the bottom of the TV flashes somewhat often.

What's the deal?
0 Kudos
GENGR
Level 7

I just got the tv about 1 week and a half ago and now there a green horizontal line going across the bottom of it. What can I do?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the note. Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

Feel free to PM me if you need help locating the correct contact information, or have any other questions. 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos