Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wynn
Level 7

Flashing line at bottom of screen

I get a flashing green line (sometimes white) at the bottom of my TV screen whenever I am streaming from Amazon or Google Play Movies. Flashes about every 20 seconds or so and is quite annoying.

Roku 4 (can't get the firmware version at the moment)
Pioneer VSX-45 Av receiver
Vizio m55-c2

I managed to get a little video clip of it if I can upload that somewhere. Anyone know a solution?
0 Kudos
15 Replies
The_Towel
Level 7

Re: Flashing line at bottom of screen

I'm also having this same issue on a Roku 4. Running the latest firmware. Would love to know if you or someone else has found a solution. I opened a support ticket with Roku a few days ago. If I hear back I'll update this post. 
0 Kudos
chm383
Level 7

I am having the same issue.  Any solution yet?
0 Kudos
MaximusMMIV
Level 7

Same issue. It only occurs in 4K mode for me. If I switch to 1080p, it goes away. Amazon is the only app I've seen the issue with, so I contacted them to report it. They were less than helpful about it.
0 Kudos
jsk
Level 7

Add me to the list as well. Just got a new 4K TV and AVR, so streaming UHD for the first time and watching Amazon Prime video the periodic white flash at the bottom of the screen was very annoying.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Please make certain you post your Roku Model # and firmware version and build number, as well as the TV make/model.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"Wynn" wrote:
I get a flashing green line (sometimes white) at the bottom of my TV screen whenever I am streaming from Amazon or Google Play Movies. Flashes about every 20 seconds or so and is quite annoying.

Roku 4 (can't get the firmware version at the moment)
Pioneer VSX-45 Av receiver
Vizio m55-c2

I managed to get a little video clip of it if I can upload that somewhere. Anyone know a solution?

You can upload to Dropbox or similar website (or even YouTube).  Just post or PM a link, and we'll take a look.

In addition to the above information requested, please also include any other peripheral devices that may be connected to your setup.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Wynn
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Please make certain you post your Roku Model # and firmware version and build number, as well as the TV make/model.

C. Shawn Smith

Model: 4400X - Roku 4
Firmware: version 7.5.0 - build 4102-17
The Roku is connected via HDMI to a Pioneer Elite VSX-45 AV receiver which is then connected to a Vizio M55-C2.

Try this link for the video - https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfgf55tm7wh2z4k/roku%20error.url?dl=0
0 Kudos
Robrokeku
Level 7

I am having the same issue, please advise Roku.
0 Kudos
jsk
Level 7

Seems to be just a Roku 4 issue. I ended up upgrading to a Premier+ for HDR compatibility, and haven't seen the flashing line on any content. Unfortunately the Premier+ has it's own issues - purple HDMI Authentication error screen, audio glitches. Roku really needs to get this stuff straightened out.
0 Kudos