Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Fixed Video and Sound

I found the following online and it worked! So, I choose update and it put 9.3 version back and removed 9.4. I hope it works for you too.

Re: Downgrading Updates

You can sometimes get the previous version of the firmware during the rollout of a new version from the "Secret Screen" (press Home 5 times, FF 3 times, Rewind twice). Choose "Update software" and it may offer the previous version as an update

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Fixed Video and Sound

This did not work for us, in fact we could not even see where we could go back to the last download.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Oh no. I'm so sorry. When I followed the steps (press Home 5 times, FF 3 times, Rewind twice) it took me right to select update. I did get one reply from Roku on Facebook messenger but they asked what my error messages were. They should already be aware of this since so many people are having the same issue. I hope yours gets resolved soon. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@aromkee, keep trying.  Make sure you're pressing the (>>) button for Fast Forward and the (<<) button for Rewind.  Do it all fairly quickly and ignore anything happening onscreen.

Home 5 times, (>>) 3 times, (<<) twice.

0 Kudos