Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveandjoe2
Level 7

FF AND REW NOT SHOWING DISPLAY

with a streaming stick+ and the spectrum tv app...when i try to watch recorded shows...rew and ff do not show the show forwarding or reversing but the picture just stays frozen while the counter on the display bar moves forward or back showing the time.  so i never know how far forward to go or how much to rewind.  it's really frustrating.  it shouldn't take numerous guesses to get to a spot i want to be at.  roku says it's spectrum.  spectrum says it's roku.  any help would be appreciated.  thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: FF AND REW NOT SHOWING DISPLAY

It's Spectrum.  It's up to the channel provider to show trick play images (as they're known).  I don't know if other platforms can generate them automatically, but on Roku the provider has to do it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
andyross
Level 16

Re: FF AND REW NOT SHOWING DISPLAY

It's Spectrum. Roku is just a platform that developers write for. It's up to them to implement features. It's not just whether the Roku can support it, but whether their infrastructure can support it. The closest to a DVR-style FF/REW is the mini-boxes-in-a-row view you get with something like Netflix and similar.

0 Kudos