Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mauiman
Level 7

Re: Express plus not waking up

Well, turns out it was the remote.
Not the TV.
The REMOTE.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

Which you could have found out Thursday if you'd just have followed simple instructions.

You'd have made the swap of the boxes, and the problem would have remain with the old TV, which would have ruled out the Roku, which you kept insisting was the problem.

The next troubleshooting step -- because troubleshooting is trying a series of things in a simple, logical manner -- would have been to swap out another component. A single component. An easy on one. Like the Remote. THE REMOTE.

That would have pinpointed it right there.

But you did it your way and it only took an extra three days. Congratulations. You're a star.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
mauiman
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:
Which you could have found out Thursday if you'd just have followed simple instructions.

You'd have made the swap of the boxes, and the problem would have remain with the old TV, which would have ruled out the Roku, which you kept insisting was the problem.

The next troubleshooting step -- because troubleshooting is trying a series of things in a simple, logical manner -- would have been to swap out another component. A single component. An easy on one. Like the Remote. THE REMOTE.

That would have pinpointed it right there.

But you did it your way and it only took an extra three days. Congratulations. You're a star.

ummmmmm, what?
The Express plus wasn't "waking up" after LONG periods of no use. As in overnight. Since the other TV rarely gets used, it made ZERO sense to swap out the units.
Could i have swapped remotes straight off? Yes. but i worked retail electronics for  a decade and never once seen an intermittent remote control, so it wasn't at the top of the troubleshooting list. I've also had 6 Roku's and never once a bad remote.
Thank you Kreskin for knowing more about my home TV setup than I do, then offering a condescending response. Typical of this forum.
Next time i need an exercise in futility, I"ll posit another question here for the 'Experts".
0 Kudos