Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Squadlife

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

Hello @RokuDanny-R I have been having the same issue as others for about a month with my Reelz channel that I subscribed to to thru Roku (I had to cancel the subscription to be able to remove channel to troubleshoot). I did all steps suggested (updating, unplugging, restarting, etc) and no luck. The issue happens on all the Rokus we have in our house with this channel. I added it back and still not loading the videos. Here is the additional info you advised another person to obtain to get further assistance:

Please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model. 3700X
-serial number. YU00AT350081 (7G274A350081)
-device ID. 7G274A350081
-software OS/version. 9.4.0. Build 4190-28
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? V2.0 build 27
-tracker ID when this issue occurs 81-483-275

Thank you in advance for your assistance! 

Keresha

0 Kudos
CafeCat

Re: Apps won't open on Sling TV and Picture Icons on Netflix

Jump to solution

My Sling TV will not load at all and on NetFlix the movie picture icons don't load. I have removed and reinstalled the apps and rebooted. No luck. All updates are current. No troubleshooting "guide" has fixed the issue. This seems to be a software issue. Can anyone assist? Thanks..... Marty

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
greg55
Binge Watcher

Re: Express keeps going to home screen Solved

Jump to solution

Well then youll have to live with the problem because Roku cannot fix the data stream used nor can they stop the TV from disconnecting the HDMI port.

0 Kudos
Biron

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

Still having this issue 

0 Kudos
greg55
Binge Watcher

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

I fought this problem for months. I have found a solution.  I bought a HDMI to Rca device on amazon and connected Roku to this device then to the TV via RCA cable that came with the device.. Bingo the problems gone.

Without getting to technical , It appears as some streaming has data that your TV doesnt like so the TV kicks the Roku device off the HDMI port.   Since there is no data interaction between the TV's RCA connection and the Roku , the Roku doesnt pass the questionable data to the TV so the TV's does not respond by kicking the Roku off the HDMI Port.

0 Kudos
JorgePiper
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just got a new HDMI cable and problem solved! Thank you!

0 Kudos
EKnight
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Returned my roku express and my streaming stick just arrived.   Worked fine until it forced me to update the software.  Now it starts up and I see the bouncing roku and as soon as it finishes loading, it shows “no signal” on the tv.   I have tried unplugging and replugging it back in and same thing happens each time.   I am beginning to think that the problem is not the Roku express or the Roku stick, but the software update that was recently released which is apparently breaking the equipment.

0 Kudos
EKnight
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just a quick update, I am plugged my Roku stick into my friend’s 4k tv and it works just fine.  Looks like Roku‘s new software update has officially made the devices no longer work with regular televisions and Forcing people to either buy a 4K TV or if they can’t afford it they’re screwed.

0 Kudos
greg55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I fought this problem for months. I have found a solution.  I bought a HDMI to Rca device on amazon and connected Roku to this device then to the TV via RCA cable that came with the device.. Bingo the problems gone.

Without getting to technical , It appears as some streaming has data that your TV doesnt like so the TV kicks the Roku device off the HDMI port.   Since there is no data interaction between the TV's RCA connection and the Roku , the Roku doesnt pass the questionable data to the TV so the TV's does not respond by kicking the Roku off the HDMI Port.

0 Kudos