Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ktaylor13

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue regardless of which app is being used. I restarted my device and am still having the same problems. I will click on any app and it will work for about 10 minutes, then kick me back to the home screen. 

0 Kudos

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

My roku still exits out of my apps 5 minutes into a show/ movie and wont keep anything on.  How can i fix this issue? 

(Netflix, nick jr, hulu, youtube, roku channel)

0 Kudos
David24153

Jump to solution

This is happening to me as well. What you said did not fix the problem. Using Roku stick latest version and a Samsung Smart TV. This only happens with Hulu live and not with Prime or Netflix or any other streaming service I have. At first I thought it was something to do with a timed setting in Hulu that disconnects after a few hours. But I can’t find anything that would indicate this is in fact true. 
what can I do as sometimes when I start Hulu again there is no audio and I have to turn the TV off, wait and restart the TV. This is not what I’m paying for. Please advise.

0 Kudos
NHerrera01

Jump to solution

This is happening to me now for real last few days. Every app. YouTube, Netflix, STARZ, Hulu all of them and it’s very disappointing 

0 Kudos
idiot_feature
Channel Surfer

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution

You don't fix it. This is the end of roku. They have horrible devs or greedy execs, or both.

0 Kudos
gc2

Jump to solution

I've tried restarting about 5 times.  I uninstalled and reinstalled YouTube.  Nothing fixes this problem. It just keeps happening over and over again.  It only happens on YouTube no other station.

0 Kudos
greg55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You have to get a HDMI to RCA converter to stop this from returning to home screen.  It is not the Roku that has the problem its the data stream causing your TV  to disconnect the Device.

0 Kudos
hound1984

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

Mine started doing this, too. I went through all of what was said here and did almost everything, except for adding the SD card. Restarting the Roku didn't work. Network reset didn't work. Reinstalling the app didn't work. What finally worked, was a factory reset. I will be getting an SD card for it soon, just to be safe. 

0 Kudos
Blabla
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku express+ but only one has this issue the one hooked up to the older TV. Both are connected to the same streaming data. The original post dealt with that type Roku and then it got morphed into this post a while ago. Thanks, Roku for nothing

0 Kudos
Blabla
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is not working, my Express is useless what is the problem fixing this issue?