Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

@QCBB wrote:

Do you have a Roku stick or the 29.99 Roku?

I don't know who you're asking Brother, but you need to be more specific. Need the exact model number. For example, there are six different models of the Roku Stick, with distinct differences between them.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
QCBB
Channel Surfer

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

What I am trying to figure out is which one they have, as you are correct they make several different models, we have thousands of these deployed. 

0 Kudos
Bbocardo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the Roku express for 29.99

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Bbocardo wrote:

I have the Roku express for 29.99

There are three different versions of the Express. What is your model number?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Bbocardo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model # is 3930x

0 Kudos
kkDren

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

I only have one app that just won't start , and I have done what you said , so maybe you could look into it for me? Andrew Wommack Ministries app.

Thank You,

Karla 

0 Kudos
Loucovey
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@kkDren 

this is a user forum, not customer service for ROKU. So no one here works for ROKU. That being said, if you a re having trouble with only one app, it’s more likely that the app itself is corrupted. You should try deleting the app, reinstalling it and then starting it again. If the problem continues the organization that created the app did a poor job of it.

0 Kudos
Loucovey
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did some and found out that TVPlayer was acquired by a larger company last fall (2019) and at the first of the year they decided not to support Roku. So it wasn't Roku that killed TVPlayer, it was the company that owns TVPlayer.

0 Kudos
Sil

Jump to solution

I have tried these steps and they do not work for me and my roku express only streams for about 5 min sometimes less before returning to home screen 

0 Kudos
kentek
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did you ever fix you apps wont open issue?

What did you find?

What WIFI network are you using.

I have client with similar issue. But, only 4K apps fail. I think it if his EERo base station failing to provide DNS.

kaw

0 Kudos