Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

I have tried everything, including the instructions here. Nothing works. Apps close. The TV resets itself. Factory reset doesn't work for my TV, nor does delete and reinstall apps. I've also connected devices to the TV only to have the TV reset to the home screen when the device is activated or when I've chosen the input manually. Please fix or at least let us know that you are looking into the problem. I work from home with extremely complicated computer equipment that requires me to have the highest speed connection. The content I create requires that I have a TV broadcasting 24/7

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

To add, I've been forced to replace my TCL with another brand until this fix is resolved. I've invested in TCL both professionally and personally and I am a fan. Otherwise, a broken TV wouldn't be so personal

0 Kudos
Unfiltered

Jump to solution

This is happening on my onn Roku tv. It's really annoying because we specifically bought it for streaming. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@williamtguy @Unfiltered 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting your Roku TV company support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
66adam99

Jump to solution

This is correct and has very very angry! TV Player is the main reason I have a Roku, TV Player is now compatible with many devices but not Roku since the update and they have withdrawn support. Roku really should reach out to them and build this back in to the app offering!

Loucovey
Channel Surfer

Re: Apps won't open, so card

Jump to solution

Every time you watch a show, the Roku records what you were looking at, how long you were watching, where you stopped and then figures out what you may want to watch. That takes up memory. That increases dramatically every time you add a new channel. I get the warning that I need to add a card every now and then and my fix is to go in, delete a streaming app or two that I don’t watch anymore and that fixes the problem.

Your favorite apps might also be corrupted and need to be reinstalled. To do that, go to the apps menu, Highlight the app (don’t open it) and click The * button. It will give you a few options. Choose delete and then go back and reinstall the app.

0 Kudos
greg55
Binge Watcher

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution

I fought this problem for months. I have found a solution.  I bought a HDMI to Rca device on amazon and connected Roku to this device then to the TV via RCA cable that came with the device.. Bingo the problems gone.
  Without getting to technical , It appears as some streaming has data that your TV doesnt like so the TV kicks the Roku device off the HDMI port.   Since there is no data interaction between the TV's RCA connection and the Roku , the Roku never sees the TV's response thus the Roku doesn't react adversely.

0 Kudos
greg55
Binge Watcher

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

I fought this problem for months. I have found a solution.  I bought a HDMI to Rca device on amazon and connected Roku to this device then to the TV via RCA cable that came with the device.. Bingo the problems gone.
  Without getting to technical , It appears as some streaming has data that your TV doesnt like so the TV kicks the Roku device off the HDMI port.   Since there is no data interaction between the TV's RCA connection and the Roku , the Roku never sees the TV's response thus the Roku doesn't react adversely.

0 Kudos
Bbocardo
Reel Rookie

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

My Roku express continues to have this issue and I have tried all the recommendations listed on this page

0 Kudos
QCBB
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Do you have a Roku stick or the 29.99 Roku?

0 Kudos