Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Roku Keeps returning to homescreen

Jump to solution

Not having the pause problem but the roku will return to the home screen while I'm watching any programs from you tube tv.  I've notice that it happens almost every half hour.  I've checked my settings on roku and turned off the screen saver setting all together.  Also checked my tv settings to make sure there is no timer setting there.  Other than those two areas cannot figure out why it continues to do this, but only on the bedroom tv.

I've checked community posts before and see numerous customers are having the same problem.  Have performed the procedures like unplugging the roku stick, restarting the system, etc. without any success.

Any thoughts??

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

Thank you, this worked!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

After months now, trying different units which work fine for several weeks and then show same behavior, I fixed the issue. Got rid of Roku and bought appletv. 

roku - you guys def had something going, but this issue killed it for me. Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Restarting does not solve this problem! Unplugging for a minute, then plugging back in does not solve this problem!

Very frustrating!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Do not buy the Rokus’ in the Blue box, because we’ve had nothing but problems with them and they do not have 5 ghz. The 2.4 spectrum is noisy and will cause problems. We only recommend to any of our customers now, to buy the Roku in the Green or Grey box. After trying thousands of these with our customers,  we recommend you to buy any stick with the 5 ghz. If it doesn’t have it don’t buy it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution

I would like this post to be seen by the roku customer service people,  I have seen this same problem posted by roku users for at least the past two years, if not longer.  There appears to be no solution to this problem.   Obviously is not a tv problem, it's a roku problem without a solution.  But ultimately the customer has to live with this problem and ultimate frustration!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution

Need to do an advanced system setting from system menu .... do a factory reset. It will kill all apps and data. You will need to sign up again with roku with activate code. You will have to reload all apps, and I notice they want a credit card for potential purchases. Won't let you continue setting up without credit card. You can always just browse without credit card, but no subscribing or purchasing. Worked for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having a similar issue just recently.  I'm playing an Xfinity app, and after so long it goes back to home screen.  In addition, other times (and shorter time period than the home screen issue) it takes me out of the xfinity app and puts me into the netflix app.  It's been happening every day at least once or twice a day.  How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Schavo wrote:

I'm having a similar issue just recently.  I'm playing an Xfinity app, and after so long it goes back to home screen.  In addition, other times (and shorter time period than the home screen issue) it takes me out of the xfinity app and puts me into the netflix app.  It's been happening every day at least once or twice a day.  How can I fix this?

I hate to point a finger, but Xfinity does label their channel as a beta. It sounds like their channel is causing the problem, since it appears to only happen within that app. Xfinity is the only source of support for that channel, as they are the developer and provider. Roku is merely providing the platform for them to use.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just recently bought an express and it keeps kicking out of apps sometimes even before you start streaming a channel.  I've tried a full factory reset and it is still happening.  This is effectively making the device useless for the purpose that it was purchased for.  Anything else I can do to fix it.  I tried taking off the bandwith restriction and that still hasn't worked

0 Kudos