Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ollie18
Reel Rookie

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

I solved the issue by getting rid of the Express and buying a ultra. Issue no longer exists, so had to be something with the express. 

0 Kudos
legoguy1000
Reel Rookie

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

I have an ultra 4660x and still having the issue.  Only with WeTV channel thus far.

0 Kudos
GABnet
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have an Ultra with the same problem so it is not only on Express it is Roku programming that is at fault.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@GABnet wrote:

I have an Ultra with the same problem so it is not only on Express it is Roku programming that is at fault.

I have two different Ultra players, and both play YouTube and Prime without issue. It's not a generic problem for all devices, but for some unknown reason is affecting certain specific players. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@legoguy1000 wrote:

I have an ultra 4660x and still having the issue.  Only with WeTV channel thus far.

If it's only one specific channel causing a problem, then odds are the channel is the problem. Sometimes they get corrupted during an update, and the best way to clear it is to uninstall the channel, reboot the Roku, then reinstall the channel. The reboot is absolutely mandatory, or the uninstall isn't complete. I have a 4640 and a 4670 Ultra, and both play long duration videos on YouTube and Prime without issue. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
legoguy1000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but not with a reboot in-between.  I'll try that.

0 Kudos
lexasmom
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Ollie18 wrote:

I solved the issue by getting rid of the Express and buying a ultra. Issue no longer exists, so had to be something with the express. 

So did I.   No problem at all with the Ultra so it is an Express issue.

0 Kudos
GABnet
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

What can I say.  It's been a problem for sometime now and they don't seem to want to fix it and it is a major flaw.  It happened on 2 of my Rokus.

0 Kudos
Daisy0225

Jump to solution

I have updated and restarted several times and my Roku stick keeps doing this. Really annoying. 😞

0 Kudos
GABnet
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Wrong!!! It happens on HBO, TCM and several others.  It's not the channels it's Roku programming that needs to be fixed but obviously they don't care or can't solve it.

0 Kudos