Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cm17883

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, and hulu told me that they do have a problem with roku devices, i don't want to keep rebooting system everytime! it has been happening alot, and you can't talk to anyone at roku, they only have this **bleep**

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@cm17883  Thanks for reaching out. The issue you are referencing is a Hulu channel (app) issue, and not an issue being caused by your Roku device itself. Hulu is currently investigating this, and working on a resolution for the issue. Once they release an update with a fix included, this should address the issue you're experiencing. Feel free to follow up with Hulu support for more help and further status updates here: https://help.hulu.com/s/article/how-to-contact-Hulu?language=en_US

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
GABnet
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No is hasn't been fixed.  I have a brand new Roku and I am having the same problem.

0 Kudos
GABnet
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No.  It happens with HBO and several other apps do this until I restart.   Then it works for a while.

GABnet
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No.  It happens with HBO and several other apps do this until I restart.   Then it works for a while.

0 Kudos
damaliiiyo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It seems like almost all that replied have NOT received a viable solution. Roku puts it on Hulu and the other channel’s companies & those companies say “oh well”. I might have to return my Roku and settle for my laptop plugged into the TV. The fact that I can never get to a real phone conversation with anyone at Roku is insane. 

0 Kudos
SueD2019

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

I actually returned my Roku express and purchased another one and the Hulu live now keeps crashing I have unplugged and re-plugged for four days already

0 Kudos
Ollie18
Reel Rookie

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

Hi - this issues seems not to be resolved. I had roku now for 4 month it it started this “kick out to home screen” about 2 weeks ago. I did restarts, factory resets, but nothing changes this behavior. 

Any escalation advice on this? When you call roku you cannot get a person on the line. 

Thx!

0 Kudos
Ollie18
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This happens with Pluto, Hulu, YouTube, news, you name it. App does not matter. I have 350mbps so bandwidth should also not be the issue here. 

0 Kudos
legoguy1000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
0 Kudos