Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're running into. If possible, could you please provide more specific details about exactly what occurs on your device when you encounter this issue? 

Have you contacted the channel provider yet to report this issue occurring in their channel, and request additional support? If the issue isn't occurring in other channels, it's likely that they'll need to investigate this further to resolve this within the channel (app) itself. You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/article/how-to-contact-Hulu?language=en_US

I'll help pass these reports along to the team to share with the channel provider as well. Please keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Lesjoe1
Reel Rookie

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

It's when watching Netflix, or  Hulu, or Youtube, or anything not just Hulu. 

0 Kudos
lexasmom
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If I recall,  its more than Hulu Live... 

0 Kudos
trgtdg

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same issue on not one but 3 Roku devices.  It jumps to the home screen after 2 - 3 seconds on a live TV channel (using Hulu).  This isn't happening on the Firestick I have on another TV.  

I've tried all of the fixes and nothing's working.  I'm about ready to return all 3 of them and buy Firesticks for all of my TVs.

Has anyone tried anything that actually works long term?

0 Kudos
lexasmom
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@trgtdg wrote:

I'm having the exact same issue on not one but 3 Roku devices.  It jumps to the home screen after 2 - 3 seconds on a live TV channel (using Hulu).  This isn't happening on the Firestick I have on another TV.  

I've tried all of the fixes and nothing's working.  I'm about ready to return all 3 of them and buy Firesticks for all of my TVs.

Has anyone tried anything that actually works long term?

That's what I'm doing.  Just ordered two Fire sticks.  Roku has lost me as a customer. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
I just purchased the express and now I wish I would have known all of the problems before I bought the express and paid for the Hulu plus, what is the deal with this? Is the the Roku device or is it Hulu or both
0 Kudos

Re: Roku SE keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution
Every time I try to watch Hulu live it kicks me back to home screen, I have tried all of the mentioned solutions and none seem to work, is it Roku SE issue or Hulu or both, it's very aggravating giving I just switched from Cable to this to try to save money and now can't watch live TV all together... Very disappointed... Please help
0 Kudos
lexasmom
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RGR1371USMC wrote:
Every time I try to watch Hulu live it kicks me back to home screen, I have tried all of the mentioned solutions and none seem to work, is it Roku SE issue or Hulu or both, it's very aggravating giving I just switched from Cable to this to try to save money and now can't watch live TV all together... Very disappointed... Please help

I think its just the Express and Hulu Live.   Altho - that's what I have been trying the last few days.  I am giving up -  and buying two Fire TV sticks. 

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for the notes here. In reference to the issue you're experiencing with the Hulu channel, the channel developer is aware, and is working on an update to help address this.

For more information or status updates, please feel free to contact Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/article/how-to-contact-Hulu?language=en_US

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Lesjoe1 Thanks for confirming. The next time this occurs, could you please generate an issue tracker report ID by pressing the Home button 5 times quickly, followed by the Back button 5 times quickly. Go ahead and send me a private message from there with your Roku's serial number from Settings>System>About along with the report ID and I'll get this over to our team to take a look. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos