Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

Hello, I just bought and set up a Roku Express and mine also jumps to the home screen when I am attempting to watch Hulu. And it jumps almost immediately (meaning one or two seconds) after attempting to watch Hulu with Live TV. I have tried restarting everything and re-downloading the channel but nothing helps ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution
This is still an issue. It seems to only do this while using Hulu live. Seems like a pretty old issue. This Roku Express I have is only a couple weeks old but now I'm thinking of switching to Amazon fire stick or chrome cast.
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution
I am now having this problem. I have restarted the Roku express through both settings and the device itself. It worked for about 5 hours and is doing it again. I purchased this so I can get rid of cable but now I can’t watch television. Very frustrating.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
I have done all of these steps, multiple times in the past week. It only affects Hulu live and no other channels are impacted. I am not sure what else to do at this point.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Jayrotx821 wrote:
This is still an issue. It seems to only do this while using Hulu live. Seems like a pretty old issue. This Roku Express I have is only a couple weeks old but now I'm thinking of switching to Amazon fire stick or chrome cast.

I'll be interested in what you decide to do.  I previously used a firestick but moved to Roku because I have a data cap.  and the FireStickSystem software was using up too much data.  I don't know which is worse - hitting my data cap or not being able to watch my streaming channel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Yep! I bought one for each of my televisions but only set up one to see how it worked. It was fine for a couple of weeks and now not so much. I am glad I did not turn off my cable yet so that I can still watch live shows.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
I quit my cable as well with the intent to use Hulu with live tv and now I am very much regretting my purchase! Wishing I would have went with the Chromecast.
0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

When you turn your Roku on go to:

settings>system>advanced system settings> factory reset

on the bottom right it will give you a code to enter.

After you are done with that reload Hulu and see if that fixes your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@QCBB wrote:

When you turn your Roku on go to:

settings>system>advanced system settings> factory reset

on the bottom right it will give you a code to enter.

After you are done with that reload Hulu and see if that fixes your problem.

Reconfigured per above..  Same issue with the Express.  My Roku 2 works fine - at least for now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're running into. If possible, could you please provide more specific details about exactly what occurs on your device when you encounter this issue? 

Have you contacted the channel provider yet to report this issue occurring in their channel, and request additional support? If the issue isn't occurring in other channels, it's likely that they'll need to investigate this further to resolve this within the channel (app) itself. You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/article/how-to-contact-Hulu?language=en_US

I'll help pass these reports along to the team to share with the channel provider as well. Please keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos