Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whitezye
Reel Rookie

Re: Express shuts down on Hulu

Jump to solution

Shouldn’t you explain more? You used the free coupons, than when they ask you pay you complain.

0 Kudos
damaliiiyo
Reel Rookie

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

Hello, I just bought and set up a Roku Express and mine also jumps to the home screen when I am attempting to watch Hulu. And it jumps almost immediately (meaning one or two seconds) after attempting to watch Hulu with Live TV. I have tried restarting everything and re-downloading the channel but nothing helps ...

0 Kudos
Jayrotx821

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution
This is still an issue. It seems to only do this while using Hulu live. Seems like a pretty old issue. This Roku Express I have is only a couple weeks old but now I'm thinking of switching to Amazon fire stick or chrome cast.
Margie

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution
I am now having this problem. I have restarted the Roku express through both settings and the device itself. It worked for about 5 hours and is doing it again. I purchased this so I can get rid of cable but now I can’t watch television. Very frustrating.
0 Kudos
Margie

Jump to solution
I have done all of these steps, multiple times in the past week. It only affects Hulu live and no other channels are impacted. I am not sure what else to do at this point.
0 Kudos
lexasmom
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Jayrotx821 wrote:
This is still an issue. It seems to only do this while using Hulu live. Seems like a pretty old issue. This Roku Express I have is only a couple weeks old but now I'm thinking of switching to Amazon fire stick or chrome cast.

I'll be interested in what you decide to do.  I previously used a firestick but moved to Roku because I have a data cap.  and the FireStickSystem software was using up too much data.  I don't know which is worse - hitting my data cap or not being able to watch my streaming channel.

0 Kudos
Margie

Jump to solution
Yep! I bought one for each of my televisions but only set up one to see how it worked. It was fine for a couple of weeks and now not so much. I am glad I did not turn off my cable yet so that I can still watch live shows.
0 Kudos
damaliiiyo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
I quit my cable as well with the intent to use Hulu with live tv and now I am very much regretting my purchase! Wishing I would have went with the Chromecast.
0 Kudos
QCBB
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When you turn your Roku on go to:

settings>system>advanced system settings> factory reset

on the bottom right it will give you a code to enter.

After you are done with that reload Hulu and see if that fixes your problem.

0 Kudos
lexasmom
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@QCBB wrote:

When you turn your Roku on go to:

settings>system>advanced system settings> factory reset

on the bottom right it will give you a code to enter.

After you are done with that reload Hulu and see if that fixes your problem.

Reconfigured per above..  Same issue with the Express.  My Roku 2 works fine - at least for now.

0 Kudos