Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
treagle
Binge Watcher

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

thanks.  streaming worked with no problems last night after restart.  

0 Kudos
icezero44
Reel Rookie

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

so far so good for me as well after a restart last night. will continue to monitor.

0 Kudos
Michael_Pyron
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hey Guys, Is anyone using Philo? If So, is it fixed, And,  did the restart work? Please advise. Thanks, Michael

0 Kudos
lexasmom
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

One thing I have noticed.   If I go to the very top of the HOME page and scroll to the right (Live icon) - I can run a station in Hulu Live.

But if I scroll to the right in the next menu down - and choose that same station,  it immediately goes back to the HOME screen. 

Not sure if that helps but I thought it might mean something.

Later:  Never mind this.. its not consistent.  Support told me to use the Live Guide but not the Live Icon.  Doesn't make sense since the only way to get to the Live Guide is to select the Live Icon.

0 Kudos
QCBB
Channel Surfer

Re: Express shuts down on Hulu

Jump to solution

We have been experiencing this problem with some of our customers. What our WISP company (Quadcore Broadband LLC) has figured out for a temporary solution around this problem:

HULU

1. Do not go up to the live tv symbol next to the home on Hulu

2. Go to live now next to Hulu picks

3. After live now loads use your down arrow to bring up your live guide, go to the channel from there you want to watch and it does not seem to be “kicking” our customers out. 

Monitoring this, it only seems to be happening when our customers are going to live tv at the top next to the home symbol. 

As I stated this is a temporary solution to keep it from “kicking” you out. We have several hundred of these devices deployed on our network and have only started seeing this problem with ones that the customers have purchased recently. 

Hope this helps people out until they get a update resolving this issue. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
lexasmom
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@QCBB wrote:

We have been experiencing this problem with some of our customers. What our WISP company (Quadcore Broadband LLC) has figured out for a temporary solution around this problem:

HULU

1. Do not go up to the live tv symbol next to the home on Hulu

2. Go to live now next to Hulu picks

3. After live now loads use your down arrow to bring up your live guide, go to the channel from there you want to watch and it does not seem to be “kicking” our customers out. 

I tried this.  But the only way for Express to bring up the live guide is to go to the Live tv symbol next to the home.   Did you mean the reverse?   I was able to bring up the Live guild via the menu on the very top but had the same problem as before.  When I select a program to watch, it goes back to the Home screen.

0 Kudos
QCBB
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

On live now, select any show and when it loads hit your down arrow to bring up the live guide. So far this has worked for our customers, who have had the issues. We are going to temporarily stop deploying them until Roku gets this fixed or deploy fire sticks instead. 

0 Kudos
lexasmom
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@QCBB wrote:

On live now, select any show and when it loads hit your down arrow to bring up the live guide. So far this has worked for our customers, who have had the issues. We are going to temporarily stop deploying them until Roku gets this fixed or deploy fire sticks instead. 

OK,  so you have to select a show first and then hit down button.   Wasn't clear.

Later: I did the above.  The guide comes up and a few seconds later,  the express goes back to the HOME screen.  Same issue

lexasmom
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

NOTE:  This is only a problem with the Express.   I have a Gen 2 Roku on my second tv  (4200) and it works fine.  I am going to return my Express to Amazon and buy the Ultra.  Disappointing.   

0 Kudos
Whitezye
Reel Rookie

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution

No such thing as Hulu live, nice scam thou.

0 Kudos