Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Praffloer
Reel Rookie

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution
Mine seems to be working properly now. I have had youtube tv on for 2 hours with no interruptions. I did nothing to my tv no reset and no deleting channels then adding them. I also did no rollback. I am running 9.1 see previous reply. Hoping this just fixed itself. I will see how it does on other channels later.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix Hulu live not working - crashes back to home screen

Jump to solution

Thanks again for your patience everyone.

Good news—we believe this issue should now be resolved. Please go ahead and try restarting your devices, then playing content again. You can restart your device from Settings>System>System restart, or by disconnecting the power for a minute or two. This should clear things up and get you back on track. 

Please keep us posted if you're still seeing this issue after you've tried simply restarting your device, and/or troubleshooting the channel installation (remove the channel, restart your device, reinstall the channel).

Thanks! 

Tanner

Gene_W
Reel Rookie

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

Sorry Tanner, I followed your suggestion and the problem remains on my Roku Express+ 3710RW. You may wish to relay to the engineers that some users reported temporary relief for a few hours but the issue re-emerged a few hours later. More extensive testing may be required. Streaming a 43-minute program on Netflix, my system bounced to the home screen exactly 30 minutes into the show.

Thanks, Gene

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
Thanks for the update. A few more questions here to confirm:

- Did you try performing a system restart from the Settings menu after my latest update/comment?
- Is your Roku player connected to your TV using an HDMI cable or composite cables (red/white/yellow)?
- Did you try removing the channel from the Roku Home screen, restarting the unit once more, then adding the channel back again?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Gene_W
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
1. Yes I did a system restart.
2. Composite cables.
3. I have just deleted Netflix, restarted, and reinstalled Netflix. I am running the streaming test now and I'll report if I get past 30 minutes or not.
Thanks, Gene
0 Kudos
kenshearer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
My Roku Express+ is working properly again. I did not shut down or delete any apps.

I did attempt to update, but the OS reports that it has the latest updates installed. I can only assume that Roku slipstreamed an OS update to turn off the 30 minute return to Home timer problem.
Thank you, Ken
Gene_W
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Reply 2 to @RokuTannerD 

Netflix got through an entire 43 minute program without interruption. And now I'm almost 2 hours into a movie on Amazon Prime Video with no interruptions.

For now, the problem may be resolved. I deleted each channel, restarted the Roku, and reinstalled each channel. Hopefully that won't be required for every channel. I'll report back if there is anything new.

Thanks again, Gene

0 Kudos
Blabla
Channel Surfer

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
KM2010
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Everything seems to be back to normal. All of the TV's I have Roku hooked up to use composite cables that's why I use the Express+.

PlutoTv is glitchy but, it's always seems to have issues. Mostly just freezing up. Some of the other channels like CNBC have issues with the sound lagging the video. All problems that can be dealt with on another thread.

Thanks, Roku Team! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Blabla
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Did the restart and things seem to be back to normal. I've watched 2 movies without interruption. Thanks for figuring it out.
0 Kudos