Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amethystrndrp
Channel Surfer

Crashing

Jump to solution
Roku Express+ continually crashing to home screen. All apps. Multiple times during streaming. Trying to watch movies etc keep getting kicked out and have to go in and replay the last few minutes. Over and over and over. I've updated to latest version rebooted and my internet signal strength is excellent. This is really making me mad as I can't watch anything without multiple interruptions!
0 Kudos
montys

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

model 3910RW - Roku Express+ software 9.2.0 build 4115-51

same problem

0 Kudos
Faxtorygirl1982
Reel Rookie

Re: Crashing

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. I just update the system, reinstalled all the apps that keep crashing and it’s still doing it. I also have the roku express

0 Kudos
Amethystrndrp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
I've also read that factory reset doesn't fix the issue. I also can't seem to contact customer support for help.
0 Kudos
singingfrizzle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the exact same problem. Have the oldest version of Roku (we used to have an old tv & that's all that would work). Been working fine & now all of a sudden, it keeps shutting down every few minutes & like you all have said, goes back to home screen or replays the last few minutes of what I've already watched. HELP! VERY frustrating! 

0 Kudos
Faxtorygirl1982
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same! The weird thing is it’s only on my one tv! I have the same kind roku on 3 different TVs and the only one I’m suddenly having this issue on is my oldest tv. I don’t have the issue when I watch Netflix or Hulu but my movies apps and amazon prime it’s like 30 mins then clock work kicked off. It would be nice if roku would get on this chain and tell us what needs to be fixed!

0 Kudos
Amethystrndrp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
It's happening on Hulu for me too. In the middle of a 1 hr show it kicked me out 5 times at least on one episode. I won't be buying anything else roku if they can't fix this. I bought the express+ because it was the only one that would work on my non HDMI TV but I don't have $150+ to go buy a new TV if that's their suggestion.
0 Kudos
singingfrizzle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah & I didn't say that we have a new tv & it just started happening about a week ago. I was considering purchasing a newer model of Roku, but after seeing this, don't think that's happening! 

0 Kudos
Amethystrndrp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Started about then for me also. I'm currently trying to watch the Harry Potter movies on the SYFY app until Sling sub ends (because that also doesn't work right!!!) and it just kicked me out and upon resume started the entire movie over (less than 25min in). I really want to know what Roku is doing to fix it.
0 Kudos
singingfrizzle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is what Roku sent me. Don't know WHY they didn't post it on the page. Don't BELIEVE this is going to work, but am going to try it. Hopefully, you all can open this as well! 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Troubleshooting-Audio-amp-Video-Play...

0 Kudos