Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Pyron
Binge Watcher

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

Hi Cajun1, I have the same problum on an older Roku. I use Philo, and the Roku goes to Home screen after 30 mins. I have set it back to factory defaults a few weeks ago. It worked for a while,  and it came back last night...Poof..Out of nowhere...lol. There needs to be a fix from Roku on this. I am a totally blind user, and I have to let my Wife tell me what comes up on the screen when it does it. It is verry frustrating for the both of us. It is hard to keep doing a reset with my situation as it is. I also have a roku express, but I have a data cap with my ISP. That is why I am using the older one. But i guess it really don't matter much, since I am hearing it also does it with the express. Maybe we can get a fix shortly. so blame tired of this. PLZ FIX IT ROKU!!!.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

@Michael_Pyron wrote:

Hi Cajun1, I have the same problem on an older Roku. 

Specifically what model Roku? Some of the older models are now considered legacy and are no longer supported. Channels may or may not work, and there won't be any further updates for them. Your Roku may just be too old, but I can't say for sure without knowing the exact model number (not just the name, because Roku has a bad habit of reusing names).

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Michael_Pyron
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Guys..Sorry for the double post. Just learning how to use the forum..PLZ Forgive. I just sow my earlier post. Just havn't gotten anything on it, and thought it didn't post..Again Sorry.Don't kick me out..lol

0 Kudos
Michael_Pyron
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Dan, Mine is a Roku Lt, SN:1PE42A000593. Mod Number:2700X. Software Version:9204115. I hope this helps. Like I say, I think it just updated yesterday, cause when it started doing the beheavure. man, please forgive..can't spell well..lol Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Michael_Pyron
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Dan, If you don't mind, please look @ my last post. I accidently replied to My self...lol al the inpho you need is there.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Michael_Pyron wrote:

Hi Dan, Mine is a Roku Lt, SN:1PE42A000593. Mod Number:2700X. Software Version:9204115. I hope this helps. Like I say, I think it just updated yesterday, cause when it started doing the behavior. man, please forgive..can't spell well..lol Thanks again.

Well, amazingly, that old box is still listed as supported, and the proof is that you received OS 9.2. That said, it is an older box, released in Sept 2013. I also noticed that it has a resolution limit of 720p, not 1080p. I would seriously consider upgrading to a newer player, if for no other reason than 1080 support. 

Anyway, it shouldn't be doing what you say, so perhaps 9.2 did break something in it. Hopefully on Monday either @RokuDanny-R or @RokuTannerD can offer some advice beyond trying a hard reset. All I can say is that none of my Roku devices do that, but they are all quite a bit newer models. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Gene_W
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The problem started for me immediately after upgrading to version 9.2 yesterday. I had the problem on Prime Video last night and Netflix and Prime Video tonight. The Roku software upgrade was the only thing that changed in my environment. Roku Express+.

0 Kudos
Jah56
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not just the 9.2.  I have  3  older Roku's with 9.1.  Like clock work,  on Aug 7th this summer 2019 mine started it.  I didn't notice as I hadn't been watching a lot of tv, but I got Hulu for a month.  On the same week I got Hulu it started.  Of course I thought it was Hulu or my internet.  Contacted them and had my cable company come out.  Nothing has worked.  I've done all the hard sets, soft sets, deleted apps, added them back, hard set my router/modem.  Nothing has fixed it.  I even got lucky and someone answered me on Roku messenger on FB page.  They took down a bunch of info from me said they were sending it to the "TEAM" what ever that means.  No fix yet.  Lot of good it does to pay for some of our apps as we can't watch anything but for 30 minutes. It does it on every app I pay extra for and anything on the Home page, oh but Netflix & Roku Channel (which I never watch). So there's something different about them in comparison to Amazon, Hulu, etc. 

0 Kudos
Cajun1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
I am cautiously optimistic. Last night I did a factory reset so that I could watch the ALCS uninterrupted. Man, what a game ,what a finish . When I reached the home screen there was a banner across the Sling logo in the upper right hand corner at a 45 degree angle it was white and had TEST written there in black letters. And since Sling is the streaming service I use I clicked it and proceeded to watch the game. 10 to 15 minutes later the screen stuttered,froze up like it did before it would go back to the home screen. But didn't . So I decided to check the update status and at 9:54 p.m. EST it updated to 9.2 .0 build 4115. And after 4 hours of watching TV is performing perfectly. Fingers crossed. LOL
0 Kudos
KM2010
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model 3710X Express +  Software 9.1.0 Build 4111-28 last updated 6-7-2019. The first time it went back to home screen was two weeks ago. Tested it on the Roku channel and it didn't return to home screen but does on Youtube, HULU, CW, Pluto-tv and most every channel I've checked.

Last night I pushed the back arrow every 25 minutes or commercial break then went back to the program and it didn't go to home screen.

It sure would be nice if someone at Roku could fill us in with what's going on. A number of friends have called and asked me what they should do?

0 Kudos