Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joe1959
Streaming Star

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

Good to know there is a manual backup application!  Thanks for sharing!  

0 Kudos
DocA1
Binge Watcher

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

It seems to me that all these problems began to happen when units were updated with Ver. 9.2.0. That seems to be the only common thread for the cause of the problem. Using Occam's Razor, that would make it the cause of the problems. Just saying.

joe1959
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It was inferred to me that rolling back to 9.1 is NOT a permanent solution.  I.e. if there is a future update (9.3), then one might only be able to roll back to the dreaded 9.2.  So there's that...  The only hope is that any future update following the hellish 9.2 update will not have any of these problems.  Otherwise, to avoid the aforementioned, it will be necessary to unplug the device after each use to avoid forced updates.  That's what it sounds like to me, anyway.

Cajun1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Thanks for all the input and advice out there. Just to be clear. The 30-minute phenomena happens to me on streaming services. Hulu, sling, YouTube TV. Those are the only ones I've used. And it also happens when I'm watching a movie that I recorded on the cloud. Any streaming service. Oddly, it doesn't happen when I'm watching Netflix. Don't know what that means but there it is. Guess I'll try unplugging it every night to avoid the update, check in here from time to time to see if there's been a fix. Thanks again.
joe1959
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Interesting...  The 30-minute problem happened on Netflix for me...  In fact, it happened on every channel with the exception of the Roku channel.  Given the Roku channel has intermittent commercials likely under the 30-minute threshold, this led me to surmise that some algo in 9.2 was given the green light to keep streaming ROKU-channel content so long as the commercials played.  All other non-commercial entities seem to then be cut-off at the 30-minute mark, including Netflix on my player.  Strange days indeed!

Cajun1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Well there goes my unplug the system theory all to **bleep**. Plugged it in. Sent back to home screen twice every 30 minutes like usual. Checked the update and it tells me it is still at 9.1. Is there another system out there that I can buy to replace this one?
Cajun1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Oh my God. They bleeped the word h*ll. Please pay more attention to system performance and a little less attention to my language. Thank you.
0 Kudos
CommanderZero
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
I have 9.1.0 - Build 4111-28 and I have this problem on all channels.
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It appears that 9.2 will resolve it. It is in slow release now, so you should be getting it soon. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Michael_Pyron
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Cajun and group. I am starting to have the same problum as before. Roku keeps going to home screen after 15, to 30 Mins. I did a reset to factory default, and it worked for about 2 weeks or so, and yesterday...POOF! it started again. Roku Needs to fix this. I am running an older Roku, so I can save bandwith data. I am a totally blind User, and my wife has to tell me what to do when the Roku Jumps to home screen. Verry frustrating for She and My self. I have been following these topics for a few weeks now, and nothing has changed. Please..Roku get on the ball!!!..FIX THIS!!!. Sorry for the bad grammer guys..I can talk better than I can type..lol. 

0 Kudos