Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DocA1
Binge Watcher

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution

My pleasure, kind sir! You may want to pass it on to other people in this forum. I just stopped by here to offer a solution. Happy viewing!

joe1959
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Will do my best to pay forward your kind and effective guidance...  Thanks again!  

kenshearer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Thank you, if it works on the Express+ I will do it to my Ultras also. Getting kicked out of all apps Netflix, SlingTV, Media Server, Roku, etc...
kenshearer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Did not fix the problem, no need to do it on the other Roku appliances.
Thank you for your suggestion.
Ken
0 Kudos
Praffloer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
Mine is doing the same thing. Will try this suggestion and hoping it works.
0 Kudos
joe1959
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Bear in mind that I did follow the official tech support suggestions first, which was to unplug all cables from the Roku, TV, and Router - reseat all cables and restart all.  Not sure if doing so had an impact on the success of the rollback, but it's what I did nonetheless.  I hope that helps.  PS - using 3710X Express unit.

0 Kudos
Rose40a
Reel Rookie

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

Wrong, AMC, HULU and HBOgo is doing it also...alll day yesterday it would close the channel and go back to the home screen. I rebooted apps, removed apps and reinstalled...no success. 

This is happening on 2 roku devices in my home.

0 Kudos
joe1959
Streaming Star

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

Wrong???  From what I experienced, it appears to do this on EVERY channel with the exception of the ROKU channel.  My best guess is that it has something to do with the intermittent commercials on ROKU acting as a green light for the new update algos to continue streaming.   In any case, right or wrong, rolling back the last update has worked for me thus far.  I'd call that "Right" in my book.   You have to roll back the 9.2 update, which appears to be at the epicenter of the problem.  Nothing else seems to work.  

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

How many channels do you have installed on your account? Have you tried removing any unused chanenls to see if this helps? 

@Rose40a Have you tried removing any channel from the Roku home screen that you experience the issue with, then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart, and then add the channel back again to see if this helps? 

@joe1959 Please PM me with the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About so I can take a closer look. 

0 Kudos
joe1959
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks, Tanner.  I'm new here and as yet unfamiliar with regard to sending/receiving PM's.  A tech support agent took my serial number during a chat session yesterday.  He advised to unplug all cables from Roku, TV, and Router - then reseat and restart all.  I did this and it did not fix the problem.  I still have an open ticket for which I am awaiting further guidance.  Although, in the interim, I learned how to roll back the most recent 9.2 update.  Thus far, this seems to have fixed the problem.  As of last night, after rolling back to the previous 9.1.0 update, my unit was working normally without interruption.   So as of right now, as long as everything keeps working, I'm a happy camper.   Thanks again!

0 Kudos