Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joe1959
Streaming Star

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution

Please try again!  I would love to roll back the recent update that is causing this nightmare!  Where did you find the info to roll back?  I asked this of Tech Support and they avoided my "rollback" question altogether...

CommanderZero
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
ROKU basically has no product right now. It's broken to the point of being unusable. So yes please post instructions on the rollback again. And if they delete it post to Reddit.
DocA1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I don't know if I'm allowed to post this, but here goes:

To access the Secret Menu:

Using your Roku remote:

Press the "Home" button 5 times,

Then press the "FF" button 3 times,

Then press the "Reverse" button two times

The menu will appear on screen. Pick "Update System"

This should roll back to the last update. Wait while your Roku updates, then you should be able to watch any channel without it kicking you off to the Home screen every 30 minutes.

As far as I know, it only works for the Roku Express +, but I see no harm in trying this with other models if the problem keeps happening. I firmly believe it's a bug in the 9.2 update.

Good luck!

joe1959
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank you, brother!  I will give it a try.  I don't have "+" simply express...  hopefully it will work...  What a nightmare...  Thanks again!

joe1959
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

In progress as I type.  One other question...  How do I avoid automatic updates hereafter?  

0 Kudos
DocA1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Truthfully, you can't. At least I haven't found a way to do it. Let me know if it worked for you.

0 Kudos
joe1959
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

10 more minutes to go till the 30-minute threshold test...  I'll keep you posted...   I thought I came across something in a thread that mentioned you could do manual vs. automatic updates...  Will have to dig deeper into that - especially if the rollback works!  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
joe1959
Streaming Star

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

UPDATE:  The ROKU channel is the only channel that works uninterruptedly.  All other channels continue to shut down at exactly the 30-minute mark returning users to the homepage.  Something stinks in Denmark for sure!

0 Kudos
DocA1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You can do manual updates through the Roku's system settings, but you need the secret menu to do a rollback. I hope it worked for you!

0 Kudos
joe1959
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well, I suppose if I get an unwanted "automatic update" I now know how to roll it back.  It would be nice if one could avoid the "automatic updates" altogether to avoid such bother.   Furthermore, the 30-minute mark has come and gone - and thus far, your fix is GOLDEN (at least on Netflix anyway)!  Quite promising to say the least!  Thank you again for all of your help!  Sure beat the "official" tech support.  Thanks, man!  

0 Kudos