Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pithenia
Visitor

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution
Hi, I was just reading through this discussion because i am having the same problem. It's not just one app, it's all of them! I watch Hulu, netflix, Fubo, Viki and YouTube, they all play for about 5 minutes (if that) and kicks me back into the home screen. I have trouble shoot in every way, nothing seems to work I have exhausted every option and I am very frustrated. Has a solution been found for the ROKU Express or is it just a bad generation of Roku? 
0 Kudos
icehawks
Visitor

Jump to solution
This keeps happening with my Streaming Stick watching the NHL.tv app. Any resolution?
0 Kudos
geezbill
Visitor

Jump to solution
Same issue with the NBA App. It exits to the home screen every 45 mins. Roku FIX THIS OR I'M GONNA LOSE IT!!
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
"geezbill" wrote:
Same issue with the NBA App. It exits to the home screen every 45 mins. Roku FIX THIS OR I'M GONNA LOSE IT!!

You might want to start losing it, then. Roku doesn't write the apps. If there's a problem with the app, Roku can't do anything about it. If there's a problem with the commercials causing the app to crash, Roku can't do anything about it. Unless the Roku simply goes to home screen on all apps every 45 minutes, it's not Roku.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution
"DBDukes" wrote:
If there's a problem with the commercials causing the app to crash, Roku can't do anything about it. Unless the Roku simply goes to home screen on all apps every 45 minutes, it's not Roku.

Don't be so quick to absolve Roku. I can't speak for the NBA app, but for most, if not all, channels the ad playback is 100% Roku code. Research Roku Ad Framework if you don't believe me.

-JT

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution
"renojim" wrote:
"DBDukes" wrote:
If there's a problem with the commercials causing the app to crash, Roku can't do anything about it. Unless the Roku simply goes to home screen on all apps every 45 minutes, it's not Roku.

Don't be so quick to absolve Roku.  I can't speak for the NBA app, but for most, if not all, channels the ad playback is 100% Roku code.  Research Roku Ad Framework if you don't believe me.

-JT

I certainly would defer to you regarding such.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
rpk292
Visitor

Jump to solution
I don't have much to add, but I'm experiencing the same issue on the NBA app on my Premiere+. About twice a game, it just exists back to the home screen. It's infuriating. 

I'm watching on a 4630 Premiere+, and it's happened at least twice per game without fail (which lines up with approximately every 45 minutes, since games are roughly 2 hours).
0 Kudos
gibbo5e2
Visitor

Jump to solution
My Roku express is also being returned to the home screen almost every commercial break and I believe it’s due to the latest build. This was not an issue when we first purchased the Roku a few months ago. Is there anyone on the forum that has a solution to this annoying problem?
Software Version: 8.1.0
Build: 4500
0 Kudos
Wiz_Minion
Visitor

Jump to solution
I have 3 Roku sticks and they all exit to the main screen without warning radomly. We've stopped using them for anything except SlingTV. We'll lose all the sticks when I find a suitable substitute. Not a fan of Fire Sticks either as they too require frequent reboots. Sad to see the Roku products all basically getting very minor yearly upgrades and not solving these long standing critical issues. Yes, they are critical when you have to keep resetting the dam things.
0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution
"Wiz Minion" wrote:
I have 3 Roku sticks and they all exit to the main screen without warning radomly. We've stopped using them for anything except SlingTV. We'll lose all the sticks when I find a suitable substitute. Not a fan of Fire Sticks either as they too require frequent reboots. Sad to see the Roku products all basically getting very minor yearly upgrades and not solving these long standing critical issues. Yes, they are critical when you have to keep resetting the dam things.

Huh. My sticks don't do that. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

DBDukes

0 Kudos