Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJsMomma
Visitor

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution
I'm having the same problem with my roku premiere.  Has anyone come up with a permanent solution besides having to delete/reboot/reinstall disney now?  
0 Kudos
londovir
Visitor

Jump to solution
Just wanted to confirm that our house's Roku 3 is exhibiting the exact same behavior with Disney Now app, and also today with the Amazon Prime Video app. For both, you launch the app from the home screen, it boots into the app to some degree, and then instantly dumps back to the home screen. For Disney Now, it typically gets to the menu screen where you can try to choose the Disney show to watch, before dumping out. With Amazon Prime, it gets through one or two of the splash/loading screens, then dumps out.

I uninstalled the Disney Now app, did a System Restart from the Settings menu (not an actual power off), then reinstalled and it worked for 1-2 shows. We exited the Disney Now app, came back later, and it's back.

I haven't reinstalled Amazon Prime Video yet, so I may uninstall Disney Now again, do a full unplug power off cycle, then reinstall and see if it changes anything. With twin 2 year olds, not a great time for this to start happening...
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
I am having the same issue with DisneyNow on both of my roku 3 units. It works in the other room on the streaming stick without issue. Following for reply.
0 Kudos
Deeno75
Visitor

Jump to solution
Sounds like this is still an ongoing problem. I am having the same issues with mine. Are they even looking into this? I get kicked out of every app I use. I would use Android tv but that is a piece of .... too.
0 Kudos
Freeling
Visitor

Jump to solution
Same Issue. I have 3 Roku Expresses and all 3 go to home screen between 30 seconds and around 5 mins into use.. Even when on Home screen they reboot and go back to Home screen. i have Done everything from unplugging to Factory reset and nothing seem to Help. Really need to fix this or they are going in trash soon. Any updates or patches scheduled to fix this issue? 
0 Kudos
collinjx
Visitor

Jump to solution
Has anyone found a solution for the express going back to the home screen when watching apps
0 Kudos
socantra
Visitor

Jump to solution
What channels?  I Know "Disney Now" has been mentioned, but I don't have that channel, or a cable subscription.  This is NOT a problem I have encountered on my Express. It seems to be working fine.
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
0 Kudos
3lliot
Visitor

Jump to solution
I have a Roku 3 which boots me out of apps after about 20 minutes & returns to home screen. just started doing it a couple of weeks ago. netflix appears to be ok but Prime & YouTube aren't.
0 Kudos
jeffs555
Visitor

Jump to solution
I have two Roku Express boxes and they are both exhibiting this behavior with Directv Now. Randomly while watching a program, it will just warp back to the main Roku screen. Haven't noticed this behavior with other apps, but don't use other apps very much. I was blaming it on the Directv app, and ready to dump them. Would like to know if there is a basic problem with the Roku Express. 
0 Kudos
Lperez50
Visitor

Jump to solution
I just purchased 2 roku Express and am having the same problem with all apps. After a while of watching it kicks me out to the home screen. Are my products defective????? This is very frustrating. Please help!!
0 Kudos