Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arob16
Level 7

Express+ getting Hot

Hi - I recently purchased the express+, and really do like the interface/functionality.  My only issue at the moment is that the unit gets extremely hot even when not being used for several hours.  I measured the temperature to be between 100-120 deg F when idle.  I understand the unit uses between 2-3W of energy at idle (perhaps someone can verify this).  I unplugged the unit today while not in use, though I understand that 100 deg F will not burn my house down.  Just seemed very strange...  anyone else have the issue?  I don't believe it would be good for the unit to constantly plug/unplug unless it was designed for that.   Thanks in advance.

Adam
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Express+ getting Hot

Yes, Roku players run hot. Normally there's nothing to worry about. If the unit detects it is exceeding its design limits you will see a warning on the screen. At least I've heard of others mentioning a warning. I've never encountered one myself. And the Sticks get even warmer, but again I've never encountered a temp warning leaving my Stick powered up full time. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos