Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmgreen
Level 7

Express Roku

when i select roku it shows a blue screen and may flash quickly.
when i unplug roku it works fine
all cables are secure
i have tried usb power as well

nothing works

any suggestions?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Express Roku

"dmgreen" wrote:
when i select roku it shows a blue screen and may flash quickly.
when i unplug roku it works fine
all cables are secure
i have tried usb power as well

nothing works

any suggestions?

Not quite following. Need much more information. When the Roku is unplugged, what works fine? The TV? What brand and model TV are you using? It could be a bad HDMI cable, or the Roku may be defective. How long have you had it? Has it ever worked on this TV? Have you tried it on a different TV?
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
dmgreen
Level 7

TV Brand: GPX, Model: TE3215B, Display: 1080p
Roku: Express
Third Roku Express I have tried out and one Roku Premiere

All cables are secured. Power cable is plug to an outlet and has been tried using the USB port.
HDMI cable has been switch.
Roku support does not address this issue.
I only have one tv with 3 HDMI connections, all three have been tried.
The Roku shows a blue light.
TV and Roku work fine.
The issue I am having with the Roku, is that it does not show when source is changed.
The Roku only shows after the power source is disconnected and then connected back.
I want to know why or how to correct this issue.
I would like to select the HDMI 1 Roku source and have the Roku Express show up normally. 

Any suggestions.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"dmgreen" wrote:
TV and Roku work fine.

The issue I am having with the Roku, is that it does not show when source is changed.

You're kinda jumping around here. What does that last sentence mean? You just said the Roku works fine. Then you say it's not showing when the source is changed. I'm not following. This next bit doesn't really help.
"dmgreen" wrote:
I would like to select the HDMI 1 Roku source and have the Roku Express show up normally. 

Any suggestions.

So, without commentary, explain what you've done, what happened, what you expected to happen. If necessary, what you changed, what happened, and what you expected to happen.

For instance, and I'm not sure I understand what the issue is, but just take this as an example of the kind of info I'm looking for.

I connected the Roku to HDMI 3, powered everything up, changed the input to HDMI 3, and I saw the Roku screen on the TV. This is what I expected.

I shut down, connected the Roku to HDMI 1, powered up, changed the input to HDMI 1, and the Roku did not appear on the screen. This is not what I expected. I expected to see the Roku menu.

Again, that might not be an example of what you actually did, but I'm just trying to get you to slowly, carefully state the steps you took, what you expected, and what happened.

So, try again, stay on topic, don't throw in commentary, just facts, state what happened in a complete, careful manner, and we'll see if we can help.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos