Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Express+ 3910 w/Composite Cables won’t stream video or music after OS 9.4

I have an Express+ with composite cables for an SD TV.  Staring yesterday it will no longer stream video or music (Netflix, You Tube, Spotify) and reboots after a minute of waiting.

I can display the app menus and previews of the videos.   However when I select to play, it hangs and then reboots.   On Netflix it gets to 25% but just hangs.  Music just won’t stream.

I rebooted my router, reinstalled the apps, and did a factory reset with no change.   WiFi signal is good.  Other Roku has no issues.   

Any advice or next steps?  Thanks!

9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Express+ 3910 w/Composite Cables won’t stream video or music

Same here Bill.  My money is on the recent update being at fault.  They really need to allow direct contact with a support team, or they are gonna lose a lot of customers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Agreed.  Posted this case as a DM to Twitter Roku Support a few hours ago.  If I hear back will post back here.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Express+ not streaming channels

None of my channels on my Feb. 2019 Roku Express+ are loading - none, not any network tv channels, nor NETFLIX nor AMAZON PV. I reset my main EERONmodem and a closer EERO modem, I confirmed that the device is connected to my WiFi and that I have a good wireless connection, I have reset the device and I confirmed my ISP address is local. Still, no channel is loading. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

OS 9.4 Express issue

Danny, 9.4 has hosed Express+.  Reaching out here as there are no responses elsewhere.  Will this be fixed?  Can Roku provide a rollback, in the meantime?  The composite output no longer works, the reason a LOT of us bought Express+ in the first place.  I get menus, but no audio or video when channels are clicked.  This seems to be the same for all of us.

Please throw us a lifeline, thx!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Seems to have fixed my same issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My Roku express plus also will not play on analog tv since the 10/2/20 update. They apparently no longer have customer support. Maybe time to dump Roku

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Ok got it. Thanks, it’s amazing that you knew that! And yes it worked. Hope this link helps others.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Worked for me as well.  Updated DM to Roku Support citing update as the issue.   Will post response here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing issues related to the more recent OS 9.4 on a Express 3710 Roku device and are using composite cables, can you please provide us the following information:
-TV brand and model number
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos