Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vish2020
Level 7

Everything is coming in as Dolby Vision!

Jump to solution

I have the new roku ultra with dolby vision connected to a Sony av receiver and the receiver to the hisense h9f with proper hdmi cables. My issues is that because this roku is capable of dolby vision, my tv or the receiver is turning everything into dolby vision that is playing on roku, even if it is not suppose to be in dolby vision hdr.  

Any one having this issue? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Everything is coming in as Dolby Vision!

Jump to solution

I don't have the 4800, but users have reported that there's a setting that enables DV at all times. You can find it somewhere in the settings and disable it. Then you only get DV with the proper media. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I don't have the 4800, but users have reported that there's a setting that enables DV at all times. You can find it somewhere in the settings and disable it. Then you only get DV with the proper media. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

HughesDaBoss
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, I just noticed, everything looks better on non hdr Dolby vision content, everytime I go to picture settings it's in Dolby vision, looks so much better than my worthless Vizio smart TV **bleep**, so much better, my Vizio PX looks unbelievable, almost as good as my OLEDs 

0 Kudos
Vish2020
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you.  I was able go into the advanced display settings and make the change.

0 Kudos